Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting the carbon exspress arrows for years(cx 3d select and maxima), but I want to try something different.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
arrows..

conradj2 said:
I've been shooting the carbon exspress arrows for years(cx 3d select and maxima), but I want to try something different.
You're already shooting the best....;)

Seriously, I've shot carbon arrows from the vast majority of manufacturers, and I find the the CX arrows have the tightest tolerances....My last dozen of Maxima's all weighed within 1/10 of a grain...without even trying to get them that close....and they all spun true....No other manufacturer has given me the consistency that the CX's have...

PUG

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Carbon Arrows

The BEST carbon arrow WAS Patriot, but now that they have gone out of business, sold all their machinery to Easton, and their building (in Mexico) to Gold tip, we can only hope that Easton comes out with an all carbon arrow that comes close to the specs that Patriot had...we lost a great arrow manufacturer when these guys pulled the pin!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Beman

I really like the beman black max elites, very straight, good weight, and great price for the quality that you get.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I've ha a lot of trouble with the Buff Tuff CX's splitting at the nock end.

Currently I use CX 3D's, CX's, non Buff Tuff Terminator's, 4065's and 6075's, and CX 2000 Predators (a very good buy), Beman ICS's 500/400/340's, and Gold Tip's UL 500's/UL400, and combinations of Pro Hunters, XT's, and Expeditions in 3555/5575/7595's.

I like the Gold Tip's best.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
I will put Carbon Express arrows (Max 350s my experience) up against any Gold Tip for toughness and durability any day.

If i missed my Block target in my basement (poured wall) last year the GT's just shattered the first 3-5"

Well after switching to Carbon express this year if i miss in my basement i just find the bulldog/nock and put it back on the arrow after it bounced off the wall and smashed the FP.

Flexed the shaft no cracking or popping sounds, right back in the quiver

·
Registered
206 Posts
PUG said:
You're already shooting the best....;)

Seriously, I've shot carbon arrows from the vast majority of manufacturers, and I find the the CX arrows have the tightest tolerances....My last dozen of Maxima's all weighed within 1/10 of a grain...without even trying to get them that close....and they all spun true....No other manufacturer has given me the consistency that the CX's have...

PUG
When I cut down and glued my new Maxina's I weighed them on the scale. All but one were right on and the one that wasn't was only 1/10 of a gram off. I was impressed.

·
Registered
960 Posts
crash_gsxr750 said:
Flexed the shaft no cracking or popping sounds, right back in the quiver
man, you are brave. If I hit my concrete wall with anything, it would be going in the trash, damaged or not. At minimum, I'd be afraid it weakened the spine so it's no longer consistent with the other arrows.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
conradj2 said:
I currently shoot GT Pro Hunter 7595's but debated the switch to CX 3D Select 400's. I have been impressed with my Pro Hunters though!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
the new st epics are awesome.they have been taking a beating i have yet to break one yet.the are grouping awesome clean out to 60 yards.also you can not beat the price,$60.00 for raw shafts.the hp insert is great, you cant misalign it and one more thing they tune and pull out of targets easy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
heilman181 said:
I currently shoot GT Pro Hunter 7595's but debated the switch to CX 3D Select 400's. I have been impressed with my Pro Hunters though!
Pro Hunters for me too.:)

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
LEADWORKS said:
man, you are brave. If I hit my concrete wall with anything, it would be going in the trash, damaged or not. At minimum, I'd be afraid it weakened the spine so it's no longer consistent with the other arrows.
my arrows are all numbered and if one consistently doesnt perform with the others it singled out for, swapping FB/broadhead, nock tuning, re-fletching, if all else fails then it goes in the trash

the arrow in question has performed flawlessly and has suffered no damage as i can tell.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
make that 2 who like them.

those are my outdoor target arrows, and they work fantastic. very tough, very exacting tolerances and very straight.

indoors, i like the way the goldtip x-cutter pros work for me. nothin fancy, cut to 27 1/2", 112gr points (90 + 22), 3" duravanes with 4* offset and easton super-uni bushings for the nocks.

i still like aluminums, but the xcutters are swaying my opinion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts