Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Mechanical Flies just like your fieldpoints?
Which Fixed Blade Broadhead flies just like your field points?
What do you guys like?
I need something right now, real quick that Will FLY like my fieldpoints. I have to buy something from Sportsman's Warehouse tomorrow to take with me Antelope Hunting, I am leaving Monday.
I have 4 Slick Tricks but I want a back up broadhead that will FLY like my field points.
I want to go hunting with more than 4 reliable broadheads.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have had excellent luck with NAP Thunderheads. I've used them for a long time they always fly great when the bow is tuned. I've never tried a mechincal.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Easy Answer

Shuttle T Lock

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had read good things about the Magnus Stinger Buzzcut and G5 Montec's so I have picked up a pack of each. I am very impressed with how both fly, right on with my field points out to 50 yds. After shooting both I think I will use the Buzzcuts first, they look great and fly perfect, sure look like they would leave a mark!

·
Banned
86 Posts
Sonics group the best and have the same point of impact as the field points

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
How about...

Just a thought, but how about tuning your bow BEFORE you go hunting, then they'll all fly great...:sad: The only reason something WON'T fly like your field points is if your bow is not tuned...If your bow is not tuned you maybe shouldn't be hunting...

·
Registered
607 Posts
NAP Nitrons will fly just like your field tips. Just got back from a goat hunt in Winnett Mont. Had great luck. It don't take much to tip over a antelope.

·
Registered
461 Posts
SONICS are the best flying of any that I have ever shot. Slick Tricks and Stingers are right there too.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I'll challenge anyone to find ANY Rocket that won't shoot EXACTLY like your fieldpoints!

·
Registered
137 Posts
My broadhead recommendations...

Fixed blades... Magnus Stingers
Mechanicals... Grim Reapers

These are the best I have used... and we test everything that comes through the door at the archery shop via the vendor.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
um...

Doesn't anyone else see the problem here? Maybe I am wrong in assuming the guy is going to buy broadheads and hunt...But I've been in too many hunting camps all over the country where a guy shows up and opens up a new pack of broadheads only to find out they are flying a foot difference from the fieldpoints...I would hope he is going to actually shoot the broadheads before he hunts...All I am saying is that most ALL of today's broadheads will fly like a field tip out of a tuned bow and for me to say buy broadhead "X" it flys like a field tip is ludicrous...So to answer your questions:

Which mechanical flys like my fieldpoints? They all do, my bow is tuned.
Which fixed flys like my fieldpoints? They all do, my bow is tuned.
What do I like? Slick Tricks, Rocky Mountain Titanium 100's, and RazorCaps for fixed blade heads...I like JakHammer's and Snyper's for mechanical heads...I am not crazy about Rockets as the three animals I took with them all sheard blades off the broadhead and they don't appear to be as sharp as others...Final thought: If the Slick TRicks work with your setup (assuming you've shot them)...Buy more Slick Tricks...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hmm...

sgs...with an intelligant response like that, I would've guessed you were younger than 30...:confused3:

·
Registered
396 Posts
NodakQ2 said:
Doesn't anyone else see the problem here? Maybe I am wrong in assuming the guy is going to buy broadheads and hunt...But I've been in too many hunting camps all over the country where a guy shows up and opens up a new pack of broadheads only to find out they are flying a foot difference from the fieldpoints...I would hope he is going to actually shoot the broadheads before he hunts...All I am saying is that most ALL of today's broadheads will fly like a field tip out of a tuned bow and for me to say buy broadhead "X" it flys like a field tip is ludicrous...So to answer your questions:

Which mechanical flys like my fieldpoints? They all do, my bow is tuned.
Which fixed flys like my fieldpoints? They all do, my bow is tuned.
What do I like? Slick Tricks, Rocky Mountain Titanium 100's, and RazorCaps for fixed blade heads...I like JakHammer's and Snyper's for mechanical heads...I am not crazy about Rockets as the three animals I took with them all sheard blades off the broadhead and they don't appear to be as sharp as others...Final thought: If the Slick TRicks work with your setup (assuming you've shot them)...Buy more Slick Tricks...

purdy much hit the nail on the head.....

maxx

1 - 20 of 64 Posts