Archery Talk Forum banner

What is the best mid length (10"-18") stabilizer? (You can select more than one)

• Octane

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Fuse

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Doinker

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • B Stinger

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • Cartel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sims (SVL)

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Specialty

• Extreme

• Bernie's

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (list below)

Votes: 35 27.3%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know what you think is the best mid length (10"-18") stabilizer. Please explain your reasoning because I like to get into the technical aspect of the sport. You can vote for more than one because some people like to attach two different stabilizers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use an 11.5" Octane with a 4" Fuse Axium on the end of it. The Octane takes the energy from the string suppressor and the shot and transfers it right into the ultra vibration dampening Fuse Axium. By itself the Octane is great for accuracy, but is lacking in dampening qualities, which is the specialty of the Fuse Axium. The Axium is absolutely covered with rubber.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
i chose other. you forgot to put AEP on the list. as far as stabiloution goes there is none better.
completely internal weight system can be adjusted how every you want with out changing the length.
he offers a wide range of slabilizing products.
and when it comes to customer service there is just no one better than Mr. Nunzio. that man treats everybody like familly not like customers. the first time i ever met him sealed the deal and i just wouldn't feel right about ever using anything else. at that time i wasn't even using his products and had no intention on buying a thing due to being flat broke. and i made him 100% aware of that and he still treated me like one of his kids. i just can't say enough about the character of that man.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You need to check out the Paradigm SOS. Fully adjustable and just the stock stabilizer you can use in 4.5, 8 or 11.5 inch configuration. Also you can get extention tubes to make it longer and also more weight if the ones included are not heavy enough for your liking.

It can be offset 1/2 inch any direction, has a quick disconnect feature that works outstandingly, fit and finish are flawless. Best thing about the SOS is its versatility it can be set up to fit you and your setup exactly! No need to settle for what somebody else deems appropriate.

PM Nuts & Bolts....he did a excellent write up on it.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
let me make a little prediction,...............................................B-Stinger runs away with the popular vote!!!:thumbs_up ;)

i havent shot them all, but of all the ones i have shot B-Stinger is hands down the best hunter class stab i have used,....by far.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Let me guess, other thread got trashed?

I still say Postens. They can be made in any length you desire.

What I've done with my set is to order the bars in multiple sections so I can have even more flexibility.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I can't believe you left Posten off the list! Postens are the highest quality, best customer service stabs out there.

I guess you can see that I am "voting" for Posten even though it's NOT LISTED!!!

·
Independent bowhunter
2,082 Posts
All the money I have wasted on trying different stabilizers makes me sick,if I only would of bought a b-stinger sooner, it would of save me some bucks, it is the real deal,

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
I can't believe you left Posten off the list! Postens are the highest quality, best customer service stabs out there.

I guess you can see that I am "voting" for Posten even though it's NOT LISTED!!!
Another vote for Posten and a +1 for the best customer service.
YEP YEP that says it all, awesome people to deal with and awesome products, POSTEN :thumbs_up

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Posten.:thumbs_up

Contact Jim and he will get you exactly what you are looking for in a stab. His Woodsman 2s are great. Customized any way you want plus vibration deadening carbon inserts with Bowjax. What else could you want?:shade:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
B-stinger will run away with the poll only because Posten stabs are not on the ballot. Posten builds quality stabilizers!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
DCA stablizers, great prices, awsome product, great customer service. oh and did i mention great product;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts