Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall. i am lookin at my cousins 05 hoyt magnatech. if that deal falls through, i will probably get a brand new bow. what do yall think is the best bow on the market right now no matter price???

·
Registered
61 Posts
I shoot an 06 Browning Illusion and LOVE IT! My buddy has a Switchback XT and it shoots VERY well too. I got to shoot an APA Taipan and I think it will be the next bow I buy... very sweet and VERY fast. I shot the bowtechs and let me say that to me, they didn't compare to the Illusion or the Switchback. Just not as smooth or quiet. Good luck and happy hunting!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
The Best bow is the one that fits you best ..and then if you plan on hunting with it. I like. ,good let off ,smooth draw,little noise...Look at..
Martin line -bengal. or pearson and Ross,I also, like APA over Bowtech as well .and, IMO there is no real need or reason to pay 700-800 dollars for a hunting bow ..

·
Registered
272 Posts
The BEST one is the one you like and that fits you well,
I like Mathews, you might like bowtech, where all different.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think most of the bow manufacturers make pretty good bows, it just depends on how a bow fits in my hand and how smooth the draw cycle is. Picking a new bow is a very personal thing. If i were to pick one bow out as the best 2006 bow i would have to say the Ross CR334 it is such a high quality bow. Ross archery puts so much into there bows every component is built with quality in mind. Find a shop that carries them and test shoot one , you'll be impressed i'm sure:tongue:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like many bows I have shot, but some feel better to me than others. Its a good idea to shoot any bow before you buy it. The BT bow I have feels great to me.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
In the last year I have had the 04 Ultratec, 05 SB, 05 Allegiance, 05 Ross 334, 06 SB XT, 06 Trykon, and now the 06 Tribute, in that order as my primary bow, and so far my favorite is the Tribute. it seems to be the smoothest draw, and most quiet. Now thats how I feel about the bow, all these bow are used heavily for 3D and hunting. If all I was going to do was hunt with a bow I wouldn't need anything but my 03 Magnatec, I think all these bows are great just Tribute feel best to me (for right now:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
135 Posts
Get the bow that fits you the best and the one you can shoot the best. I bought the Illusion and it's it a great bow.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Wish I'd said that.

fstgstdsmpay said:
... so far my favorite is the Tribute. it seems to be the smoothest draw, and most quiet. Now thats how I feel about the bow, ...just Tribute feel best to me
I couldn't agree more completely!

·
Registered
5 Posts
deadonat100yard said:
hey yall. i am lookin at my cousins 05 hoyt magnatech. if that deal falls through, i will probably get a brand new bow. what do yall think is the best bow on the market right now no matter price???
I am in LOVE with my new 06' Hoyt V-Tech. It is so nice to shoot and is very forgiving. I would say go with what you like best, not everyone elses favorite bow. At the end of the day you are the one that has to shoot it. But make sure that it is set up well or else you will be very frustrated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts