Archery Talk Forum banner

What is the best rest for 3d archery

933 Views 20 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  smokin x's
hello I am getting back into the 3d side of archery after being out of it for some time. Im just looking to get some opinions on what others believe is the best rest to use for 3d shooting currenty I bought the new sizzor rest from N.A.P. is that anywhere near the top rests available? Thank you for your opinion!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,792 Posts
I would recommend a BoDoodle Pro-Lite...or...QAD Pro-Rest

· Registered
2,697 Posts
I personally don't like shooting a drop away for targets. I had one malfunction and all my practice was down the drain 'cause my drop away didn't drop away.

I would go with some sort of lizard tongue rest. Spring Steel...etc.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
hello I am getting back into the 3d side of archery after being out of it for some time. Im just looking to get some opinions on what others believe is the best rest to use for 3d shooting currenty I bought the new sizzor rest from N.A.P. is that anywhere near the top rests available? Thank you for your opinion!
A lot of varying opinions. You bought yourself a very nice rest. It is good quality. All the adjustability you'll need. You probably won't see them on every bow out there but it's a very good rest all the same.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
Shot different kinds of Dropaways never had one break on me. Lizard toungues or SS could be bent or broke during a round couldn't they?
You are correct, they can be bent or broken. However it is far easier to reach in the bag and put a new blade on a Trophy Taker than to fix a dropaway if you are on the range.

I use the Trophy Taker Spring Steel on one bow. I have an old Golden Key TKO on the other (same thing really). I have looked at the Bodoodle and it looks real impressive.

I highly recommend a launcher style rest. One less moving part to have to keep track of.

· Registered
631 Posts
QAD Hunter

I just bought the QAD Hunter based on a recommendation from a friend. I like the rest and it appears to be set-upcorrectly but my fletching is still hitting the rest. Any words of wisdom?

· Registered
409 Posts
jfp1972

i also had fletch probs with the hunter,suggest ripcord ,drops faster

· Registered
723 Posts
I have shot alot of rest types, I still like the SS for target, thats just my opinion. I shoot the trophy Taker SS

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.