Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an ultra and didnt shoot it long enough to break it in. I keep hearing how the rest will indefinatly not fall when you need it to. I personaly never had a problem with it but I shoot in my house and to avoid any altercations with my wife or in the woods decided to take the advice of a man that suggested changing to the Trophy Taker with the shaky hunter ad on. I had a whisker biscuit but I like shooting the quick spins. Any advice or gear ive yet to hear about?-Oldthunder

·
32,707 Posts
Shakey Hunter, Qad and the new Cobra fall-a-way that looks alot like the Shakey Hunter should do you right. Welcome to AT.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
there ain't no best rest, matter of fact thier ain't no best of nothing in archer period. Decide if ya want a drop away or the other kind, pick one and hope it holds up.

I picked a muzzy Zero effect 4 years ago, Still got it, still hunt it , Never a failure. It has held up well.. Good luck.

You guys lookin for the best crack me up.. What's best for you might not be the best for the next guy. :sleep: :sleep:

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Bowregards, I've been looking at that rest also, have you heard if it's quiet or not?

Welcome to AT Oldthunder.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Many great rests available, my fav is the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. I've used the DZ's on all of my rigs over the past couple seasons and couldn't be more pleased with their performance! A great product that is certainly worth you taking a serious look at. Good luck and good shootin'

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
The best I don't know? The simplest and most relable for me - Whisker Biscut. Change your vanes to Vane Techs and your won't have to worry about it. I am shooting the Quick Spins right now without problems thru my Biscut. Either one will work Vane Techs are alot cheaper and alot tougher though!

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Trophy Taker/NAP

I'd go with either Trophy taker or NAP drop aways. :beer:

·
Registered
611 Posts
"the Best hunting rest"

Haven't you seen any of the Whisker Biscuit ads? Everyone says that it's the BEST hunting rest! Sorry I have to agree.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The whisker biscuit IS the best hunting arrowrest!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
cobra "diamondback"

recently bought and installed the cobra drop away.........................

really happy with it.

liked the adjustability to it.....................pretty straight forward and simple.

the one reason i was really attracted to it (other than price).....................was the fact that it has the arrow holder built into it !

camoham

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
whisker to the biscuit can't believe there ain't more replies for this rest on here :thumbs_up

·
Registered
84 Posts
Whisker Biscut

I have another vote for this one. It is simple and the arrow stays on. Whisker Biscut for me!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I've used the same NAP Quicktune 3000 prong rest for a couple years.
I like the concept of dropaways and have tried a couple but have been trying to maintain the KISS principle.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts