Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew out the last pair i had, they were a cheap wallieworld pair.
I just want a tough boot that will last me for quite a while with heavy walking.
what do you guys suggest?
thanks

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I blew out the last pair i had, they were a cheap wallieworld pair.
I just want a tough boot that will last me for quite a while with heavy walking.
what do you guys suggest?
thanks
Anything not rubber. Rubber boots never last me long enough.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
bass pro shop has thier redhead rubber boots on sale once in a while. They are good boots and camo. I have 800 gram if insulation and wear them working , around the house and hunting :thumbs_up. Have had for at least 4 years and holding up well.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
With all due respect finding a real "good" boot that can take a beating and still hold up well for 30-60 is pretty tough. I went cheap on my boots two too many times. Boots are the one thing that I will splurge on now, just to keep my feet warm and dry. When your sitting in the stand in late November, the last thing you wanna be worried about is your feet.

Lacrosse makes an awesome boot but I prefer the Bone Collector Insulate made by Scent Blocker. Used them in Late December, Early January and I was perfectly comfortable even with an all day sit in there.

Economically, it makes sense to spend the dough on some real nice boots that you won't have to replace for 5+ years than to spend $55 per season at Wally World because your boots fell apart.

Best of Luck to you!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Lacrosse boots on sale are very good.
Not sure what part of NY your from but BPS-Auburn has their bone-dry rubber boots on sale for about 40 clams.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rubber Boots?

I understand all the reasons you should use rubber boots but the main reason in why I do not use rubber boots is because of how loud they are in the woods. I'm not sure if its just the people that I have hunted with but everyone who wears rubber boots seem like every leaf you step on is louder than ones that I do. Has anyone else experienced this or am I hunting with people that have heavy feet?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Well the loudest boots I can remember was a set of Itasca Swampwalkers. Maybe because the base was the size of Nasa moonboots. They also felt sloppy, and didn't last but 2 seasons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts