Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly doing more and more of my own tuning on my families bows. I have some serving but it is several years old and truthfully I can't even remember its name. However I have been told it is heavy and robs the bow of some speed.
I would like to know what is the best serving thread/string available and why you believe that to be.
I would like some opinions and ideas as to which you all believe is the best. From there I will research more and make a decision on which to purchase.
Many thanks
Shane

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,510 Posts
BCY No. 62XS has served me well and may be the most popular on AT.
But Brownell Crown and Diamondback are liked by many.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Halo on cable and string servings that contact cams, idler wheels and cable sliders / rollers. Anything elese on centre serving to fit your nock size.:smile:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I use Diamondback center serving. Love it. Not that it's better than 62X or anything else, I just haven't tried any of the other stuff. The Diamondback has worked for me for years and I have never seen the need to change.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Halo and 3d... these two should fit ALL your needs. ;)

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Ditto on the BCY 62xs for center serving. I haven't tried any of the Brownell stuff for comparison, haven't found a need to change. The 62xs serves up nice and in my experience is very durable, i.e. doesn't fuzz up and wears well where I nock my arrows.

>>------>

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
18,779 Posts
I have halo on my center serving (shooting with a loop) on my Z7 and it's sweet. I was just going to serve it temporary with the halo but it's staying there for good. The X nocks on my axis arrows were damn near pulling out of the shaft with that monster .025 that came on the stock string...

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Halo !!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts