Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt in South Texas in alot of mesquite and cactus and am looking for a way to introduce my kids to bowhunting but cant think of a way to do it. I primarily hunt out of low tripod stands in full camo and the deer are pretty leary so movement is not much of an option. Any pointers and suggestions would be great. My Dad says bowhunting w/Kids is impossible but I think he is wrong. So any info that can help me to show him this would be awesome!!

Much Thanks, And have a great season this year

M. Reyna
Austin, Tx

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
i took my 3 yr old daughter turkey hunting this spring in our double bull blind. it allowed her to sit down and play when she got bored and move around a bit. The blind was great for us. Good luck w/the little ones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will a ground blind work?

What about one of those raised tower box blinds? Not sure if anyone bowhunts out of those, seems like mostly rifle.

Each has a cost so you'll have to decide if it's a viable option for you and will work in your terrain.

If the issue is keeping the kids quiet, can't help you there!

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like Huntin' dad said, if you can get some kind of blind that should work fine (make sure it has plenty of room). Maybe put it on a raised platform, and hold it down with tie downs, to get above the cactus and stuff.

I have a hunting buddy that does the same thing with his kids when they were little. Now they are a little older and sit in ladder stands. They aren't quite big enough to use a climber like their dad. They ususally get out of the stand if nothing is happening and go back to camp after a couple of hours, if there isn't anything happening... but when there are deer lurking about they are still as statues. Their stands are usually 20-30 yards apart and they are always in site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.