Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

Thought I would just ask this in a new post .....

hopefully this is not a dumb question, but I wonder if someone could please explain what causes the white discoloration on my Elite cables ... white discoloration runs about 3 inches above and below the cable slide area. I know this is where the cables go through the slide ... but is this normal??

I have had this on almost every one my Elite bows and now on my Impulse as well. I dont know if it is just wax rubbing ... or is the beginning of cable wear. I have had this with the stock elite cable slide, saunders slide, ram radius slide and other teflon slides.

I have tried string snot wax, scorpion venom wax, bohning xcellerator wax ... I wax strings about every 2 weeks, clean off excess wax gently with dental floss. the only time I have not seen the white discoloration is when I have used scorpion venom fluid.

I have had this white discoloration within 75 shots on a new Elite bow ( factory winners choice ).

If it is normal and no big deal, that would be great, I just want to keep my cables in good condition.

Thank you

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just as an added note ... I also have made sure to polish the grooves of all my cable slides too, if it looked liked they needed it. so cable slides should not have any rough spots

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of my Elite cables have been as white as your front cable ... but the back cable ( with rest cord attached too it ) ... that is how mine have looked in the past.

My Impulse is in the very beginning stage of getting that "back cable" look. It is not bad yet ... but I would like it to not get worse if I can prevent it anyway.

My Synergy cables looked almost exactly like your back cable before I traded it. I bought it brand new, out of the box... My shop installed a carbon express teflon slide before we tuned it ... so it only had maybe 20 or so shots with the factory slide on it ... I am guessing I put maybe 300 shots on it before I traded it in ( i like to try out different bows )

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I was doing something wrong ( waxing to much ... not waxing correctly ... ) but it has only been with my Elites. Other brands, have not had that look at all. I just like how Elites shoot and feel better than others, so figured it was time to ask this question since I plan on sticking with Elite.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Elites cable slide is JUNK.Get rid of the cable slide and put on a ram radius slide and your problem will be solved.And if i were you i would contact Elite for new cables.This has been a problem for a couple years now and they still haven't got a good slide.This is not a bash towards Elite either just fact.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
You mean like this right
wow at first I just looked quick and thought those were crappy stock Bear archery strings, they look like my buddy's on his encounter lol

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That's with a Saunders slide on it. Chuck Saunders told me that once in a while, his slide doesn't work well with a bow. I guess have that one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is Impulse, guessing around 100 shots on it, never shot outside, indoors only. I shot with the factory cable slide for about 2 weeks ... as soon as I noticed any white on cables starting to show .... Ram Radius was installed ... it is not as bad as rattlesnake, but this is how my Synergy started too ... then the cables on my Synergy just kept getting whiter and I had a teflon slide on the Synergy from the start.

you will also see a picture where you can see how I have the cable rod adjusted for minimal vane clearance ... it is shooting good and bullet holes in paper. not the best pics ...but my phone sucks

2.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe this is normal and I am just "gun shy" from going through this on my Elite Answer I bought brand new when they came out ...then also with my Synergy brand new ... now on my new Impulse .... this Impulse is my I34. I recently traded my I31 for this brand new I34 ... wanted a longer ATA and Vias camo.

I really enjoy Elite bows and I have always experienced the best customer service from them. They have always treated me great!

I am just trying to figure out .... is something wrong with the bow? ... am doing something wrong? ... am I just concerned over nothing, cause this is normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts