Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine was .52 mile by myself and was an adult doe. I left my gear at the shot because it was evening then went back for my stand after getting her to the truck.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
One of the first deer I got in Pennsylvania. It was a very large doe and a a 1.5+ mile drag.

·
Registered
251 Posts
1 mile most was up hill in thick brush. I got a deer cart right after that

·
Registered
520 Posts
About a mile, half of which was through some of the thickest nastiest stuff you could imagine. I scraped my jacket and pants I was wearing at the time because it was too covered in stickers to salvage.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Should of been 1/4 mile but we got turned around and it ended up being 3/4 of a mile. Dooah!

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Never measured, but there wasnt any hair left on its side when I got done.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
3/4 of a mile, one of the shortest was 20 steps in a swamp where I tore my acl twisting in the mud while dragging and could not take another step, waited in the swamp for 3 hours until my buddies decided they better come look for me.

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
Maybe 50 yards. I must be spoiled.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My spot on national forest is 2.68 miles as a crow flies according to my GPS so probably around 3 miles the way I go in. I've brought deer out a few times by myself and ifbyou keep a steady pace it takes 3 hours

·
Registered
713 Posts
A mile from the bar all the way home underneath the truck!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
1.8 miles by the GPS. Took 6-7 hours. It was rough. Ohio public land.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Dragged 2 bucks that myself and 10 year old son shot, for a mile in October. I would drag one about 200 yards and turn around and drag the other the same 200 yards. I'm in pretty good shape and that kicked my butt...I could barely walk up the steps the next morning..seemed like a good idea at the time, and didn't have the heart to tell a 10 year old boy he couldn't shoot a 7 point buck standing broadside at 20 yards.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts