Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know what others thought was the most accurate broadhead out there.

Mechanical or fixed? And what brand name?

I am currently not happy with my grouping at 20 yards with my Thunderhead 100 gr. but am very satisfied with my field point groupings. I have made many adjustments but thats in a different forum for right now.

I am not looking for who makes the sharpest blades or most penetration, just the most accurate.

Thanks
May God guide your arrow
Iron Eagle

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Iron Eagle said:
I just wanted to know what others thought was the most accurate broadhead out there.

Mechanical or fixed? And what brand name?

I am currently not happy with my grouping at 20 yards with my Thunderhead 100 gr. but am very satisfied with my field point groupings. I have made many adjustments but thats in a different forum for right now.

I am not looking for who makes the sharpest blades or most penetration, just the most accurate.

Thanks
May God guide your arrow
Iron Eagle

Mechanicals will always be more forgiving of tuning and form but are not any more accurate. There are reasons for shooting mechanicals and fixed. Fixed will have a little better recovery rate bringing down game on non-pass through shots IMO but mechanicals are fine for cases where the bow/shooter can't get tuned up or something happens to their bow and they cannot get it tuned prior to a hunt. I carry some mechanicals on arrows I leave in the case just incase my rest comes loose or something unforseen happens, I can double check my pins then head into the woods until I can retune and gang adjust the pins. Others simply prefer mechanicals for large cutting diameters, forgiveness, and/or in lue of tuning. Either way the two most forgiving in each class that I have found are:

Fixed: Slick Trick
Mechanical: Rocky Mtn Snyper Two Blade

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
The most accurate broadhead will be the one with the least blade surface area exposed during flight.

Any broadhead will have poor accuracy if it is not spin-tested and checked for zero wobble on the arrow shaft it is installed on. An aggressive helical fletch will hide, but not eliminate the affects of misalignment.

If your bow is out of tune, a broadhead will steer the arrow opposite the direction of the nock as it leaves the riser. The larger the head the more severe the deflection will be.

The larger the area of exposed blade surface the more the arrow will be affected by a crosswind.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
If your arrow/broadhead fails the spin-test you can mix and match shafts to heads till you get 3 that spin straight.

Just because a head wobbles like crazy on one shaft does not mean it won't spin like a top on another and vice versa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the scorpion xp from nap is probably the most accurate broadhead i have ever shot. i have had a clean pass through on every deer i have shot with it. as far as fixed blades go the muzzy 4 blade is hard to beat. i am using it this year and it shoots just like my field tip. in my experience if your bow isn't tuned right you will never get a fixed blade to fly true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts