Archery Talk Forum banner

What is the most important feature of a bow to you.

• Cam Style

Votes: 71 36.0%
  • Color or Camo style

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • Riser Design or Looks

Votes: 66 33.5%
  • Riser Balance

Votes: 73 37.1%
  • Overall Bow Weight

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Brace Height

Votes: 88 44.7%
  • Axle Length

Votes: 87 44.2%
  • Speed, or the speed that the MFGR told you it was.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Vibration Dampening Capability

Votes: 34 17.3%
  • Number of tournament wins by the MFGRs shooters.

Votes: 9 4.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most improtant thing to you when you are considering a new bow?

I am interested to know what influences your buying decision the most. You may choose more than one choice if more than one is important.

·
74,535 Posts
You left out

Who advertises the most. If some of really told the truth, I feel this may be more of true answer than most of us realize.
I place alot of respect on what the pros shoot.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,850 Posts
And the amount of negative advertising another bow company comes out with against it. The more negative advertising against it means the other company fears this bow or series of bows. If it weren't any good the other company wouldn't waste advertising dollars trying to bash it.:D :D :D

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
all of them are important to me except the last two. :)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
GRIV...

I can sum it up in one word..... FIT.... if it don't I don't.... but it if it do then I do....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Even though there are other things that make the final decision, since I'm a visual designer my eye is always attracted to the looks first. Can't help it. :)

·
Say What?
1,906 Posts
Most important to me are..........

The two most important things to me are BH and ATA. These two things matter the most. With the right combination of these two aspects of a bow you can have one forgiving setup. I'm not perfect so I need something forgiving.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You forgot whichever bow is comfortable...Theres no sense in buying a top of the line, best of everything bow if you arent comfortable shooting it. That bow speed stuff doesnt impress me the least bit, people shouldnt get too caught up in it.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
All of the above. I chose A2A, because that is my reason for getting a new bow. String angle. Also Martin's service is top knotch, and they go out of their way to help people, and their staff represent themselves VERY WELL!!! How the company represents themselves and their staff are VERY important to me in which bows, and equipment I buy. Example.....I don't even consider buying either a Mathews or a Hoyt. Why you ask??? They win ALOT of tournaments! Answer: Because they don't get along. Period. ya shoulda put that option in GRIV....."Company Representation" or something like that.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I voted for riser balance, but i also consider the way the grip is shaped, the shape of the sight window, (I have a PSE Nova which has a really bad sight window), ATA, (I don't hunt so I prefer something longer), cam design. Mostly I care about how good the bow feels to shoot and how well I can aim with it.

I don't consider looks at all.

(OK, I lied. I like a solid target color. I don't like the fades.)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Grant just cause they dont get along your gonna limit yourself not to try one of these companies??? Hope you dont ever plan on owning a car or truck.....Even your camo....Nobody gets along when your selling the same thing....;) BTW I voted riser balance...:D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For me it is the best value and combination of hunting characteristics that I can get for the limited amount of money I have to spend.

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
GRIV,
First would be Brace height, 7" or higher to even be considered for me, next is axle to axle, then it is the feel of the cam and the length of the valley in the cam, and how firm is the back wall on the cam. The amount of reflex and or deflex in the riser is also a consideration along with feel. I can tell right away just by drawing a bow back if "I" am going to be able to shoot it.

ADam G

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
If it says Martin or Hoyt on it:D
Depends what the bow is for, hunting, target or 3-D. If you want a hunting bow i'd go for a small speed bow; for target a bow with a long axel to axel length with a hudge brace height and small round wheels and for 3-D a hunting bow that is fast and forgiving.

·
Registered
107 Posts
speaking as a vertically challenged woman, i'd have to say that availability in shorter draw length and lower draw weight plays a huge role.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
comfort.

i cannot just pick one. to me i would have to list comfort as number one. a to a , brace , poundage, etc mean nothing if it is not comfortable in my hand.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
How mad is my wife going to be when she finds out I'm looking at new bows again!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts