Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out of all the planned trips, hunts, fishing trips, family trips, what is the funnest trip and most spectacular trip you have been on? From Hunting, camping to a simple trip to the lake...

I'd say right now I can narrow it down to 2 trips, now I like having fun with other people. I have taken a few hunting trips that were a blast, but I didn't get to spend time with my out of state family I hardly see...

Although I can't put my favorite down because I have a couple, one of my top trips was in the Wallowas of Oregon, we met our cousins, aunt and uncle who live in Idaho and on the first night at the campground we stayed up till' 2:00AM riding bikes around the campground and sitting by the fire.

Here is my brother starting the fire.

The next day we spent fishing for trout and Sockeye Salmon with a fly.

Here are my cousins and brothers trout...

Here are the sockeye Salmon in the creek.

And after a long day of fishing I caught a couple small Sockeyes along with my cousin, but my brother caught a real whopper for this area. We let them go though and only kept the trout.

After a lot of fun riding bikes around the camp and seeing some MONSTER bucks we decided to go out in the kayak.

Some of the bucks.

:wink: this is opening day of the first bowseason in Oregon! But I don't think the wardens would have liked the idea of a couple kids baggin' the park deer :eek: so we left the bows at home.

Now for the second to last day... We decided to hike way up in the Wallowa mountains after taking a ride in one of the worlds longest 4 person gondola rides.

(My uncle gettin' a little queezy)

When we got there we found that the ground squirrels were a bit... Well too friendly LOL

We ran into some deer and a free ranging bull that must have been lost so far out of the way!

And here are some pics of us hiking around...

Last of all we found this old outhouse way out in the boonies away from any trail?

And this my friends, Makes for a very very fun and memorable time, and I hope that God lets me have many many more experiences like this one!

· Registered
771 Posts
Well my son being born has to be the most spectacular moment I have had.

Aside from that, I have taken two trips to Montana hunting elk. That, for an east coast guy, is pretty spectacular. One trip ended up with me getting an elk the first morning of the first hunt about an hour and a half after day break.

Both trips ended with memories that I will never, ever forget. God's Country!

Tree Woody plant Vegetation Plant Nature reserve

Vertebrate Wildlife Canidae Wolfdog Terrestrial animal

Natural environment Wildlife Wetland Tree Bank

Army Soldier Troop Military Military camouflage

Attachments

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Afghanistan 04-05

My trip to Afghanistan for 13 months was a trip that I will never forget! :shade:

Here we went for a CH-47 ride

When we got to our base we did a little site seeing

Stopped by the local meet market, that was fun

Did a "little" hikeing

Found some caves

Brought some mules with us...LOL, they didn't work out so well though

Met some of the best guys in the world,

Although it was a little messy at times.....All in all the best experience i have ever had!

Hope you liked the pics :darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
10,204 Posts
My trip to Afghanistan for 13 months was a trip that I will never forget! :shade:

Here we went for a CH-47 ride

When we got to our base we did a little site seeing

Stopped by the local meet market, that was fun

Did a "little" hikeing

Found some caves

Brought some mules with us...LOL, they didn't work out so well though

Met some of the best guys in the world,

Although it was a little messy at times.....All in all the best experience i have ever had!

Hope you liked the pics :darkbeer::darkbeer:

Indeed! thank you very much for your service to our country! If this was a contest, you would definently win!!:darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Thanks guys, whos next? I love seeing peoples trips and hearing there stories :shade: :darkbeer:

· Registered
4,634 Posts
Most spectacular

The most spectacular thing I have ever done was marry my wife and help make and raise my two sons. The most spectacular trip I've been on was a 12 day Elk/Mule deer hunt in the Colorado Rockies. If the guys I was with didn't come home I believe I'd still be in those woods.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.