Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a strike eagle, early 90's. I see on some newer bows, such as the kestrel, there is a rubber hose (assuming) connecting the riser to the power cables. Is that what this is for? Where can I find this part for my bow? I am looking for anything to help dampen sound. My second guess is this is a quiver mount of sorts.

Untitled-3.jpg

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
242 Posts
The rubber hose system came way after the strike eagle. It looks like someone drilled it for some reason, but there's no telling what. You shouldn't need much sound dampening on a strike since the string doesn't slap the outboard limbs like every other model. Cat whiskers, limbsavers at the end of the power limb, and a stabilizer will be all that you need. If you're shooting light arrows with it, it's going to be louder no matter what you do. That's kind of a thing with lever limb bows. Nice dip job on that one.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
That hole was used for a model specific Arrow Quiver they had one for the Older Models like the Aero Force it was call a Tuscarora Quiver it came in 4 and 8 arrow models. It came with a type of thumb Screw that has a coupe of plastic spacers. The Quiver stem was bent to meet the side of the riser. Not sure but there was a couple different versions some were bent others were different. I have only seen the ones that fit the AF & LFM and have a few for my Oneidas. The mounting hardware also change a little of the years. You will see a quiver on ebay there was one a week or two back but they are hard to find these days... Not sure what works with a Strike Eagle though... With the newer Oneidas they use them to try and dampen the cables I have never needed that system on my AF or LFM's but I shoot a heavy arrow that seems to absorbs some of the recoil from the shot.

LFM

·
Registered
11 Posts
That hole was used for a model specific Arrow Quiver they had one for the Older Models like the Aero Force it was call a Tuscarora Quiver it came in 4 and 8 arrow models. It came with a type of thumb Screw that has a coupe of plastic spacers. The Quiver stem was bent to meet the side of the riser. Not sure but there was a couple different versions some were bent others were different. I have only seen the ones that fit the AF & LFM and have a few for my Oneidas. The mounting hardware also change a little of the years. You will see a quiver on ebay there was one a week or two back but they are hard to find these days... Not sure what works with a Strike Eagle though... With the newer Oneidas they use them to try and dampen the cables I have never needed that system on my AF or LFM's but I shoot a heavy arrow that seems to absorbs some of the recoil from the shot.

LFM
I've been looking at that hole thinking about how I could use that hole plus borrow a hole from the pylon to attach a string stopper both top and bottom. It's a nice thought but I don't have aptitude to develop/execute.

·
Registered
19,121 Posts
I've been looking at that hole thinking about how I could use that hole plus borrow a hole from the pylon to attach a string stopper both top and bottom. It's a nice thought but I don't have aptitude to develop/execute.
use a wrap around string stop and a dog leg cable guard that mounts between the sight and riser (old school cable guard--cut the length as necessary and just add a rubber stop to it)

as mentioned the holes were for a bow specific quiver,
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1631657

1 - 6 of 6 Posts