Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned 5 bows and recently bought and sold 4 in the past year.
It now seems that when Elite pumps out a new bow i am driven to get it but my old bow is still a fantastic bow.

What is going on??? It’s like I am craving to have bigger and better.

I currently own a Pulse and seems I can’t wait for Elite to release there new line up so I can rush and get one, I NEED TO STOP!

Any one feel the same way??

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I love my gt500 and hunter, but I amped when someone mentioned the new lineup in September I got a little antsy...I may drop the cash for another...

·
Registered
16,717 Posts
Ive owned 7 or 8 diff bows this year lol Im as bad. I want to hear what elite has for this sept also!!! I love my pure

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know right, Loved my Z28, put more animals down than i could have imagend, then went on a crazy spell bought a destroyer, WRONG MOVE, sold it quick, the bought a Pulse, which is a little better, but im still in love with the Z. Crazy about this line up

·
Registered
939 Posts
It's an addiction. You can't have just one.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I went a different route. I bought a z7, a gt500, a triumph. Traded the triumph for a monster 7.0, traded it for a hoyt AM35. And now I bought another AM35. I use the AM35's for 3d and the other one will be for indoor. I kept the z7 and the gt500 to hunt with.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I blew through around 8 or 9 in about 14 months. December of 2010 I sold my Z7 and bought a GT500. Swore I could get through 2011 with the same bow. I still have it but bought another GT around April or so. I had a 2011 Elite Hunter on my Ebay watchlist that ended this AM. I was at work(teaching) and couldn't get on Ebay to see the status of the auction and the damn thing sold for $500 plus $30 shipping with ONE bid. So I was close to falling off the wagon but think I can make through 2011.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looking for a solution in a bow , and the bow ain't the problem ?
Pretty simple to swap out equipment in archery , when your almost there !
Arrows , release , nock , nock point , and if you can the entire bow , took me a fair bit of trading , buy and sell
A crap load of excuses , finally swallowed the horse tail and all , stayed behind a solid set up , built my own arrows , etc ...
Achieved my goal
You can only blame the equipment for so long , pick out good equipment , bow , release , arrows , a minimum of tools
And knowledge to work on YOUR OWN GEAR , you do not need the best !
Patience and knowledge and before you know it you will looking at trading in a 5 year old bow that you know like
An well worn friend !
Realtionships take time not money , like a good friend a good bow

Can not be bought ! Takes time and personal interest in your friend as well as a bow !
In short don't think a new friend will bail ya out of jail !

That said , just found a great new " friend " here second or third hand , the bow and I
Got along like champs , a good friend in deed !
Just like a new bow will not pull you out of a slump!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looking for a solution in a bow , and the bow ain't the problem ?
Pretty simple to swap out equipment in archery , when your almost there !
Arrows , release , nock , nock point , and if you can the entire bow , took me a fair bit of trading , buy and sell
A crap load of excuses , finally swallowed the horse tail and all , stayed behind a solid set up , built my own arrows , etc ...
Achieved my goal
You can only blame the equipment for so long , pick out good equipment , bow , release , arrows , a minimum of tools
And knowledge to work on YOUR OWN GEAR , you do not need the best !
Patience and knowledge and before you know it you will looking at trading in a 5 year old bow that you know like
An well worn friend !
Realtionships take time not money , like a good friend a good bow

Can not be bought ! Takes time and personal interest in your friend as well as a bow !
In short don't think a new friend will bail ya out of jail !

That said , just found a great new " friend " here second or third hand , the bow and I
Got along like champs , a good friend in deed !
Just like a new bow will not pull you out of a slump!

Amen! Well said!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Maybe start making your own arrows to curtail the urge to buy bows. That is what I am doing. Hope it works!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm the opposite bud. No bow released by elite has made me even consider getting rid of the gt500. The gt can do it all for me. It can hit paper or a 3d target and can blow a arrow through anything I'm hunting. Maybe the 2012s will wow me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It truly is an addiction! You may not be looking for bigger and better as much as shinier,newer. I've had 5 PSE's since Nov. '09 and still have 3 of 'em. Had my Vendetta XL set up and shooting perfect this past 3-D season and went and bought a new Supra a little more than halfway through. WHY? Because I WANTED it!! Nothing less, nothing more! It's a sickness!!!!!! Once you're bitten by the bug, there's no cure. Unless of course you get fed up, quit and sell your gear. Guess what? All the guys i know that have "QUIT" are running around in a month or two later wanting thier buddys to sell them thier stuff back or make them a good deal on one of thier extra set ups. Just accept it and try not to go broke or stay in the "Doghouse" over it.
I'm sure plenty of guys on here know that doghouse well!LOL!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts