Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am due for some new boots. Was thinking about crossing over to the world of rubber boots. Problem is, I have, at a minimum, .5 to 1 mile hike to my stand(s).

Which do you suggest and why? Or should I stick to the cheaper, traditional boot?

I found some ScentBlocker Dream Season® Knee Boot 17", Non-Insulated for $99.99, but have never worn rubber boots, so don't know if these are decent or not. I wear a brace on my one ancle (torn ligiments from football) and need to be able to slip on boots over it. So which do YOU suggest?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am using Lacrosse Alphas ..... Great boot ... I travel .75 to 1 mile one way into two of my stands and I love them .... Comfy all day ... with your ankle brace you maylook for a side zip to better accomodate this

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I've been wearing Muck boots for the last 4 years and I walk a lot! Wish they would make a pair that actually goes to -40 though! I do wear them till its about 20* out.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
LaCrosse

·
Registered
641 Posts
Muck boots I love mine and walk about 2.5 miles to my stand.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
I am due for some new boots. Was thinking about crossing over to the world of rubber boots. Problem is, I have, at a minimum, .5 to 1 mile hike to my stand(s).

Which do you suggest and why? Or should I stick to the cheaper, traditional boot?

I found some ScentBlocker Dream Season® Knee Boot 17", Non-Insulated for $99.99, but have never worn rubber boots, so don't know if these are decent or not. I wear a brace on my one ancle (torn ligiments from football) and need to be able to slip on boots over it. So which do YOU suggest?
I have those same Scent Blocker boots and they are extremely comfortable. The only complaint that I have heard about these boots is that some of them leak but Scent Blocker stands behind them. I can't imagine a more comfortable rubber boot for hiking.

Doug

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UnderArmour always make top quality stuff. But it is usually out of my wallet comfort zone. I have heard nothing but good things about the Muck boots, but like someone said above, a side zip might be better for me with my brace, or they might not come off at the end of the day, and my wife would be too happy with me sleeping in them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
actually i seen these under armour boots at Dicks an they are cheaper than the muck an scent loc boots....although i have worn my muck boots for 3 years now they got alot of miles on them an i will probably wear them again this season....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UA affordable? Sweet!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I am using Lacrosse Alphas ..... Great boot ... I travel .75 to 1 mile one way into two of my stands and I love them .... Comfy all day ... with your ankle brace you maylook for a side zip to better accomodate this
x2. Lacrosse is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm on my second pair of lacrosse alpha burly sports. I had my first pair for like three years. I decided since I needed a pair of higher boots for shoveling snow I would buy another pair of the burly sports to use for hunting and retire the old ones for shoveling snow this winter. Can't go wrong!!!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
i just odered a pair of cabelas confort trac rubber boots.they have comfort tac and their dura trax rubber boots on sale right now.u can read the reviews on them at cabelas website

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've had great luck with lacrosse rubber boots. I picked up a pair of rocky rubber boots last year ant the soles came off in about a month.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have A pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sports. They feel like tennis shoes while walking. No kidding you could put 10 miles on them without a blister. The problem is when you sit for a while they are pretty painful across the top of the ankle/top of foot. I guess this is because of the fit for ankle support. If you do order a pair go a size big they run small. Also I've noticed the newer ones made in China seem to wear quicker. Hope this helps. I was thinking of trying Muck Armor / Armour. Rubber snake boots, but I don't know alot about them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts