Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been considering this bow but wasn't certain of its forgiveness in such a speed bow. Just wanted to get some imput.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I recently just bought this bow, with the 14" limbs and nitrous cams (not shoot through). I used it all 3D season and it will become this years hunting bow. That being said I feel that the bow is very forgiving considering its a speed bow, I've shot some of my highest scores and tied my all time high with it this year alone. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner/novice though, you need to be consistent on every shot with your form and follow through if you want to start smacking X's at 40+ yards. Also the bow seemed to want to vibrate alot for me on the shot, but many others haven't run into this problem, I took care of it with one of meanv's CSS. I would also switch out the stock string for an aftermarket one (Bucknasty's :wink: ).

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
conradj2 said:
Been considering this bow but wasn't certain of its forgiveness in such a speed bow. Just wanted to get some imput.
What level of experience do you have? What are some of the bows that you've shot in the past? What bows were you happiest with?

The Slayer is nothing but a shooting machine, like any other bow...of course its much faster than many others.:wink: If you're able to maintain good repeatable form, then you could end up being happy with it.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been shooting the Hoyt ultra tec and love the bow, but it is a hard bow to shoot. When you get your form on point then nothing shoots better, but If I go a day or two without shooting I can really tell. I'm a short draw (27inches) and would like to get a little more speed for hunting.

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
I have been considering the same bow if you look at my previous threads I have had some good info from martin shooters I am looking at the 13inch limbs probaly hard to shoot but I want it for hunting and the speed.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Conrad, the ultratec has a slightly larger brace height than the Slayer Extreme (w/ 14" limbs), probably not enough to make a major difference between the two. But nonetheless your form needs to be repeatable to shoot this bow well, just as with any other bow. I recently had a Hoyt Vtec then switched to the Martin, and I can tell you this, the Martin feels a lot better to me in hand. IMO, better grip and a way better draw cycle. I would advise against the 13" limbs though, as this will take the brace height down closer to 6" and make the bow very critical of your form, plus the 14" limbs deliver all the speed you'll ever need to hunt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts