Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was given a bow from a family member the sticker is removed but the limb says bear i don't know what kind of bear it is or how much its even worth.i would like to know what kind of bear it is and how much its worth im trying to figure out how to change the draw weight its to low and want to figure out how to change it...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A very very old one by the looks of it. With the limb pockets doesn't look like there is any weight adjustment

·
Registered
51,095 Posts
Worth-----nothing. Adjustments none really, hang it on the wall and forget it. Not worth the time.

·
Registered
607 Posts
They made the Bear Whitetail for quite awhile in the late 70's early 80's, this is very similar to it, but don't think this is one. The Whitetail was a 4 wheeler I think.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Id be worried about shooting it. Put it up on the wall

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeh, I had a Whitetail Hunter (think that's what it was called) and I believe it had four wheels. Been a long time ago. But, I agree with every one else that the bow is worthless.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had one almost just like it in the 70's and i think it was called a Bear Tamberlane. Shot at a few deer with it, but when the arrow got there the deer was in the next county. That thing was noisy as a guitar on release. Went back to my recurve. If i were you i would donate it to a museum.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
If I were you, since everyone says its worthless(it kind of is) I'd go kill something with it and post pics on here just to show them it still works!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
If I were you, since everyone says its worthless(it kind of is) I'd go kill something with it and post pics on here just to show them it still works!
Good idea!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to just that it still works i shot it allot it still pin point shot and not as loud as my other bow ill post a pic lol.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'd confirm the draw weight before hunting with it since most, if not all, states have minimum draw weight restrictions.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Might be a Bear Blackbear II Compound. Google this and look at some of the pictures you come up with. Closest thing I can find to what you've got.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
I had one almost just like it in the 70's and i think it was called a Bear Tamberlane. Shot at a few deer with it, but when the arrow got there the deer was in the next county. That thing was noisy as a guitar on release. Went back to my recurve. If i were you i would donate it to a museum.
Note a Bear Tamerlane the OP has. The Tamerlane was a "top of the line" Bear compound in it's day and was a target compound (4 wheel model). I think most, if not all of them were white. You may have had a Bear Alaskan Compound. They were basically the same bow, but the Alaskan pretty much all black/gray if my memory serves me correctly.

·
Banned
622 Posts
Antique. Hang it on your wall in the trophy room, that's about all its good for. Conversation piece + whatever sentimental value it has is all its worth.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You have a Bear Denim. I sold quite a number of them back in the late 70's early 80's era. They were quite popular with women and older kids. I still have one in my den along with a mini magnum which was kind of a shortened Denim.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts