Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have muzzy broadheads, that was what my buddy told me to use. It will be my first archery hunting season will these be the best for me? I know I will get a lot of different opinions, but please consider I'm new in hunting, and I'm just wanting to make sure I kill that big buck. I want to make sure not to just wound the animal.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
practice with them , use only razor sharp blades when hunting.
Most find the set of practice blades fly the same.
They will work great.
Good luck.
Chuck.

D

·
0 Posts
Run and Hunt with the BEST...

...take your JD Gator and head to the woods with MUZZY...

...1st yeere...2nd yeere...or 30 yeere's of hunting...use the BEST...

...use MUZZY:cool: ...

...but ArrowHead has great advice for you...if you want to KILL the deer...practice your shooting first...as good as MUZZY's are...even they won't kill a deer when you stick one in the dirt!!:( ...

>>>---DD--->;)

...good hunting!!...

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
whether you use fixed ro mechanical make sure your bow is tuned to shoot either and take the time to get to know your bow. any good broadhead will work for you and the best way to find out which you prefer is to test and practice with different ones. i can shoot either fixed or mechanical out of my bow and hit the same spot to within a hairs width of each other and that's the most importan thing you can do.
even though i carry both mechanicals and fixed i prefer one mechancal over all the others out and that's the rocket steelheads in 100 grain. muzzy and nap and gkf and wasp and steelforce all make good broadheads and we can offer all kinds of suggestions for you but you need to test the different broadehads and see which you prefer. you mayb be out a little cash but in the end you find what your confident with and use it.
good luck
rob k

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think it depends on how much poundage you are shooting. If you are shooting 55lbs. or better then the muzzy will be fine. If you are shooting low poundage I think you would do better with a cut on contact head. The longer the cut the better. And by all means whatever head you use make sure it is very sharp. Check the heads every week, if you hunt every week. They will get dull just taking them in the quiver. If they get wet, change the blades, or sharpen them.

Good Shooting :)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
you can't go wrong with muzzy 3-blade 100 grain.
I took 2 deer with them last year. Bow was around 55-60 lbs. Arrow went throught em like a hot knife through butter and stuck a good 6 in. in the ground

1 - 8 of 8 Posts