Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using 50 pound regular fishing line and just today decided to give the 200 pound fastflight a try since Ive heard only good things about it. So what knot do you use to tie the string to the arrow? With the fishing line I was just using a bunch of overhand knots. Will that work or is there a stronger one I should use? Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i use one overhand knot but pass the arrow threw the loop to finish the knot and pull it tight. i have been doing this for years with the 200 ff and has not let me down yet.

this is with slides, do you use them or tie to the arrow.

in one side of the slide, out the other. make a loop ang pull the arrow through the loop but leave a little tail, maybe 2 inches, so the line stays behind the arrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What knot

I agree with VTer; a bowline would leave a nice bridle loop from your slide to the main line. My question: I bought a couple slides to retrofit to old fishing arrows. How do you fasten the stop to the shaft? They furnish a machine screw, but if you try thrreading this into the string hole in the back end of the shaft, you will split the fiberglas. Do you have to drill and tap a hole? How are the pre-rigged slide stops attached to the shaft? We used to use a 1/2" ring as a slide, and that works well to get the string to the front of the arrow and out of possible entanglement.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Knot

If you look at the back of the AMS safety slide packs, there is a diagram that shows you how they recommend tying the arrow to the line. I used to have my own method, but once I tried this I never looked back. It simple and easy to do on the fly. Hope this helps some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.