Votes: 29 50.0%

Votes: 3 5.2%

Votes: 26 44.8%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, has anyone used both the 9" Trophy Ridge Static and 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter stablizers? Any thoughts on which one is better? Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I haven't done too much hunting, but for me personally, by the time I have that HHA sight on, plus the weight of the bow, I want to still be able to maneuver comfortably. But I'm a small guy. Perhaps I should just hit the gym!

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
there isnt a "prescribed" length...shoot what balance and silences to bow the best for an individual shooter...btw, I shoot a 10" Bee Stinger Maxx with 8 oz. up front on the main hunting bow ...

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Whatever length/weight helps you to stabilize the pin. There isn’t a default length for hunting. On the contrary for hunting purposes stabilizers that dampen vibration are more popular than those of length.

I have hunted with a 10” plus a quick detachment and it served its intended purpose. Currently I am using an 8” that has more dampening features and its my preferred choice for hunting.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
I like different length/weights for different bows....Grizz

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know the diffs between the Bee Stinger Pro and Sport (besides the obvious aesthetic difference). Thanks.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,244 Posts
I have always used a 5 inch Apex stab unless it is raining/wet out, then I take it off and put on a String Tracker

·
Registered
23,282 Posts
there isnt a "prescribed" length...shoot what balance and silences to bow the best for an individual shooter...btw, I shoot a 10" Bee Stinger Maxx with 8 oz. up front on the main hunting bow ...
Very much agree.....^^^^ I voted 8" because that is the longest I current own and it is doing well on my OB Phoenix XL....which has a nice natural balance. My Prime Rival is top heavy and I use a Stokerized Stasis, which has a short back-bar and adjustable length out front. There is no across-the-board formula between 8-10" that works on a given bow. You have to play around and work with the natural dynamics of the bow you are shooting. And for those who don't like a hunting stab.....don't use one. Once I have a 28.25" arrow nocked, it projects much farther past the front of my bow than a stab.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very much agree.....^^^^ I voted 8" because that is the longest I current own and it is doing well on my OB Phoenix XL....which has a nice natural balance. My Prime Rival is top heavy and I use a Stokerized Stasis, which has a short back-bar and adjustable length out front. There is no across-the-board formula between 8-10" that works on a given bow. You have to play around and work with the natural dynamics of the bow you are shooting. And for those who don't like a hunting stab.....don't use one. Once I have a 28.25" arrow nocked, it projects much farther past the front of my bow than a stab.
This is my first bow and first stabilizer. How will I know if the stabilizer is doing its thing? What should I be looking for and trying to optimize? Should the bow hang dead in my hand if I open my fingers (like when Im taking a shot). Right now the bow is pretty top heavy and falls forward. I need to balance it pretty tight in my hand to keep it upright.

Also, I assume the pin would have less movement all over the place is the stabilizer is working, but how would I know if a 2oz weight is better than a 4 oz weight? Or is the whole thing purely subjective? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
no 7 in. option . guess I cant vote . I don't see a long or heavy stab as being very practical in the brush .

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
none. Just isn't worth the extra weight, nor is it worth having one extra thing to maneuver around branches and the like. I stopped using them while hunting 5-6 years ago or so. WAY better now...at least for me.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I use a 10" Bee Stinger.

I read somewhere that any stabilizer under 8" is essentially just extra weight and doesn't really assist the shooter...

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I use a 10" Bee Stinger.

I read somewhere that any stabilizer under 8" is essentially just extra weight and doesn't really assist the shooter...
I agree with this on balance, but not on dampening. I think a sub 8" stab will dampen noise and vibe, but feel it doesn't do much to balance or "stabilize" the bow.

Meat

1 - 20 of 39 Posts