Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot lighted nocks in all my arrows with my compound. I swear by them!

Question: What's the best / safest lighted moon nock to shoot with a crossbow. I just got a new Barnett Vengeance. I was looking at the Nockturnals but have now found out they are causing a lot of dry fires. Also, the dealers are sending them back.

Thanks for any suggestions!

EZ

·
Registered
409 Posts
I do not use moon nocks in my Excalibur , flat only . I have had great luck with Luminocks and fire nocks . My experience with nocturnal was less than poor . I do know several other people that use moon nocks from Lumi and fire and love them .

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
I shoot lighted nocks in all my arrows with my compound. I swear by them!

Question: What's the best / safest lighted moon nock to shoot with a crossbow. I just got a new Barnett Vengeance. I was looking at the Nockturnals but have now found out they are causing a lot of dry fires. Also, the dealers are sending them back.

Thanks for any suggestions!

EZ
That specific bow is quite different, you cannot use an ordinary capture type nock. I worked with the bow designer on that one. You can either use a moon nock or Firenock J nock with that bow due to how the trigger box and bow string interact with the anti-dryfire mechanism. If reliability is all you are looking for, then Firenock is what you would love to use. there are quite a few other cheaper options, and do a search, that bow is quite different as it is a poor man's scopryd! To contain and sustain that much power and able to have a lighted nock AFTER the impact so far Firenock is the only lighted nock that had been working on that bow for the last 6 years.

Last NEVER EVER use flat nock on the vengeance, it is not design for that!

·
Registered
734 Posts
i have the barnett buck commander and i use the burt coyatoes light nocks on my easton arrows that came with the crossbow... absolutely love the nocks! i bought them from my local bow shop for $30 for 3 plan to buy more!!

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Firenock ...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nufletch Ignitors are probably the most user friendly lighted nock and has a great price point.

Firenock may be the best but it does cost more and can be user unfriendly having to glue in the extreme end cap and if you are shooting high speed crossbows it can make it tough.

Don't get Nockturnals, they failed after 10 shots.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Yep, Ignitors will satisfy most folks that want a nock that does not require fiddle f-rting around with:)

Attachments

·
Huntoholic
10,772 Posts
Firenock ...
Firenock. You will not find any better. A little pricey but worth every penny
Solid advice guaranteed!! I have paid for mine this year and will never regret spending money for something that work's ALL THE TIME,,,,, over saving money for an item that only work's in optimum condition's,,,,hunting usually is never as good in optimum conditions. I can find my arrows in my target, but have lost many after not stopping in game!! I just got back from another trip to southern Ohio with my hunting buddy from the south. We hunted 7 days in mostly cold and snowwy weather. The last day my 5th deer of the year taken on a fence line shooting from a thicket towards an open field I had my arrow pass through and slide in under over 5" of snow. I made a quick look for the arrow and then decided to get the deer gutted and drug to the road, when my buddy got there it was dark 30 and we loaded the deer, went back where I shot and started walking out past the spot the deer was shot at, and instantly when we got about 30 yards behind that this was the picture we saw,,,,,,,underneeth over 5" of snow in a high grass field,,,,, IMG_2307-II.jpg IMG_2308-II.jpg That was not laying in over 5" of snow,,,that was how much snow was over the top of the light, and about an 1 1/2" under it. it looked like it had entered the snow and went about 6-8 feet after going under the snow. I would have never found this arrow without the Firenock, as we got one of my boddies arrows out and turned on the Nockturnals he went with, you could not see the light more than about 3" under the snow. He will be replacing the Nockturnals with Firenocks now, and we have already seen the difference in daylight when shooting.We have another buddy that uses Lumenocks, and I have proven to them both, in daylight the firenock is the only one that stands out when shooting them in full sun!!! You get what you pay for and the Firenocks deliver, this one time paid for itself, returning my $12.00 B.E.E. w/ a $15.00 VPA terminator. Check the link below for another test given and what the OP found in his results.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1010422

·
Registered
940 Posts
I tried the nufletch lighted nock this year and they are great (Super bright). Not one bad thing to say about them and will be ordering more. Lumenock not so great, After everyone of my pass through shots on deer. The lumenocks would shut off. What good is a lighted nock if it turns off after it impacts your target? This has just been my experience with them. I am not the only one who has experienced this problem. The Firenock also looks like a great product but choose the nufletch due to the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts