Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the cheapest options are for say 25# limbs to put on my new hoyt dorado for bowfishing?? i see so many about ILF being compatable and other brands its quite confusing to me, would like a cheap set to use a few times a year only for bowfishing carp.

Thanks! cant wait to shoot my new curve, just got it today. waiting on arrows to get here so i can fletch and start flinging!!

· Muzzy Tech
729 Posts
You are going to be very dissapointed with performance and penetration with those heavy bowfishing arrows only shooting 25# limbs, I wold not go under 40# for most bowfishing conditions. I prefer to stay in the low to mid-50's myself, but then again I mostly shoot big fish in deeper water as well.

· Registered
14,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
around here its shallow water for carp, your prolly looking at a 20# fish being a monster, knowing that would you still say 40+ lb limbs??

i know people here that use genesis bows (20# max) for fishing, thats why i was wanting 25-30lb limbs.

· Muzzy Tech
729 Posts
Yes you will need stronger limbs, you are launching a 1500gr arrow and need some umpff to get it going and the Genesis bow is a compound and has the energy of a 35# recurve, but even the 20# Genesis bows are too light for bowfishing most of the time, have seen a lot of arrows bounce off or not stick good enough to get the barbs in the fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.