Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, What I have is basically a Mutt.....thats what I call it anyway, I bought it from a local (name with held to protect the innocent) who I believe purchased it from someone here on AT. Its an 08 Hoyt Ultra Elite riser, the limbs are XT3000 off of a Ultra Tec sticker says they are 50-60Lb limbs, cams are Cam 1/2+ #3 cams. Now my issue is the most weight the bow will make is about 53-54lbs......Anybody have an idea as to what deflection number limbs I would need in either 2000's or 3000's to get this thing up to the 50-60lbs range that it should be. Or Cams or whatever....Ive been told to just get rid of it but If all it needs is the right limbs or a different set of cams I can do that for couple of hundred bucks after new strings Vs. several hundred for another bow.

·
Registered
697 Posts
throw a few twists in the cables

So do you want 60 or will 58 do? I have varied the max poundage in my hoyts by 5-6 lbs by playing with the length of the cables. You will be surprized how much of an increase you will get with 10 twists. Shortening them will increase the load and increase the max dw. You will also have to play with the bus cable to get back in time as well as the string to bring the dl back to where you want it.

good luck, have fun but lots cheaper than new limbs, and or cams.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I twisted the living @#$& out of them once before and it didnt help, but that was with the old strings that were pretty much done for. So, your saying put about 10 twists in the Control Cable? Then retime the cams and reset the draw and see what it does.......Dang I hate living so flippin' far away from the shop now :angry:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next Idea

Well I went to the shop today since I got off work early and started working on it......first thing I layed it down and found the ATA was off supposed to be 40 3/8 measured 40 13/16.......Twisted the control cable up about 10 times ATA dropped to where it was supposed to be brace height back to where its supposed to be maxes out at dead on 50.....:BangHead: Not gonna twist it anymore than what I did so guess Im back to trying to figure out what deflection limbs I need on this thing to make it right.....Doesnt have to be 3000's heck Id settle for 2000's at this point.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Call Hoyt, and tell them what riser/cams You have, and what length limbs You want...They will tell You what Deflection number You need to get a 60# max. ...Hope this helps......Harperman

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call Hoyt, and tell them what riser/cams You have, and what length limbs You want...They will tell You what Deflection number You need to get a 60# max. ...Hope this helps......Harperman
Well, I sent them an email last night hopefully they'll respond with an answer other than "take it to your local dealer" .......we'll see i guess

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, they emiled me back and said with my cams I need 86 Deflection in the 3000's to get the 60# max out of it......So off to the classifieds I go :darkbeer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts