Archery Talk Forum banner

What makes a pse worth $900

5575 Views 133 Replies 71 Participants Last post by  tylerolsen12
dollars.:eek: I am saving up to buy a speed pro 80 pounder. Both have quality strings and both have about the same speed. So what makes the x-force any better then the speed pro. Plus the speed pro comes with barns dale limbs. After I buy this speed pro I am done buying bows they are just getting to expensive. Plus if you want an 80 pound x-force you get charged an extra 100 bucks.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Nothing more than the fact people will pay that much for it. Is that wrong? No. If I had $900.00 I would very likley have one. If I had $1800.00 I might even have two. But alas I don't. Until or should I say if Renegade releases an 09 I will look at that if not I will keep slinging arrows with my $175.00 used SX-5.

· Registered
1,408 Posts
I'd asked myself that same question not just about PSE but what really makes any bow worth 6 to 9 hundred dollars. I have a pro elite that is nice but I prefer to shoot my old 350.00 hunting bow.

· Registered
5,013 Posts
850.00 taped to it.:wink:
While I admit to being less than impressed with the past decade or so from PSE, I must admit their new line up looks mighty impressive. I admire their courage to radically change their limb design... They might have changed the way all manufacurers look at limb design in the future.

But, if I can answer the original question with a question... What makes ANY bow worth $900?

· Registered
5,401 Posts
HCA has had it's high and lows as most companies have...they have struggled more than PSE and have a good line out now, but the points for customer service is hands down PSE, with the 09's having ABB on them it's as good or better than the HCA's strings....the limbs on the PSE have proven themselves as have barnsdales.....i had the iron mace but preferred the fit and feel of my X7....

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Same thing that makes any other brand bow worth $900, the willigness of people to pay that much for them.

· Registered
312 Posts
years ago Bow dealers sold the bows for a certain % most where 40% over cost..Now that it has gotten popular most dealers are selling bow at MSRP..

· Registered
7,438 Posts

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Well let's rationalize it...

Figure it out what goes into a bow.....

R&D

A large billet of aluminum for riser

Machining on sophisticated machining centers

Same thing with the fancy cams....can't carve them with a chisel

Technology to produce the limbs

How much do fancy strings cost nowadays?

Assembly

Shipping

Warranty (you know the cost is factored in...just image Bowtech's factor :eek:)

PSE has to make a profit

Dealer has to make a profit too

All PSE employees need to make a living (including Pete :D)

Health insurance for everybody....do you know what that costs???

When you start thinking about it.....it all adds up fast.

When was the last time you visited a car dealer for repair work and how much did THAT set you back?? I think they're charging $100/hour just for labor now.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Figure it out what goes into a bow.....

R&D

A large billet of aluminum for riser

Machining on sophisticated machining centers

Same thing with the fancy cams....can't carve them with a chisel

Technology to produce the limbs

How much do fancy strings cost nowadays?

Assembly

Shipping

Warranty (you know the cost is factored in...just image Bowtech's factor :eek:)

PSE has to make a profit

Dealer has to make a profit too

All PSE employees need to make a living (including Pete :D)

Health insurance for everybody....do you know what that costs???

When you start thinking about it.....it all adds up fast.

When was the last time you visited a car dealer for repair work and how much did THAT set you back?? I think they're charging $100/hour just for labor now.
All of this is completly true but,COME ON!!!....No way at all can you justify $900 for any bow especially when resale sux

· Registered
754 Posts
All of this is completly true but,COME ON!!!....No way at all can you justify $900 for any bow especially when resale sux
Yeah...they can justify it because people will pay it. The day people quit buying the most expensive tricked out bows because they have to have the absolute best is the day the prices come down.

This is why I bought a bear, have $400 dollars in my entire 07 Instinct and can outshoot my brother and his $1500 dollar General Setup anyday (ok, well most days....well its about 50/50 really, we are pretty competitve!) is his nicer? Yeah it is...its a sweet bow, and if I had the money I would have one too or maybe a Katera, but I am on alot tighter budget than him, especially when both me and my wife are into archery now.

To each their own....if you don't want to pay that, buy lower priced bows, but don't knock companies for making high end bows or people for paying the money for them. Some people buy nice houses, some people buy nice boats or cars or 4 wheelers, some people don't buy nice anything, they save money and buy used. To each their own!

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.