Archery Talk Forum banner

What Makes a Target Arrow a Target Arrow?

716 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Special K719
What makes an arrow classified as a "Target Arrow" or a "Hunting Arrow"?

For example: The Easton Light Speed and the Easton Flatline seem to be the same arrow. Same specs, same weight, etc... but the Light Speed is called a Target Arrow but the Flatline is classified as a hunting arrow.

Any thoughts?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10,119 Posts
Yes

I asked the same question of my Easton Rep.
He just looked at me with a funny look on his face.

It's just cross merchandising I guess.

You can shoot target with any arrow you want but ,I wouldn't hunt with just any arrow.
Target arrows are mostly fatter in diameter. At least some are.

· Registered
197 Posts
well that depends...

target arrows...take eastons top of the line target arrow...the X-10 protour (compound) it is really thin and really light...you won't be cutting any lines with those babies BUT they are for shooting outdoor competitions...the smaller the diameter of the arrow is the less the wind will affect the arrow's flight...so for shooting outdoor spots you want a small diameter arrow...for indoor there is no wind...so you will probably want to pick up some nice fat Easton X7 cobalt or X7 Eclipses...

Now for hunting in my opinion (if i were a hunter) i would want as much kinetic energy as possible...speed doesn't matter to me unless it converted to blunt force on the other end...so i would go with a heavier arrow but medium diameter to lessen windage affects...

Target arrows can be fat or thin (depending on what you are shooting indoor/outdoor)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.