Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the bows are more and more like all the others I have seen out there.

Not looking for a new bow, but just and observation. So, what makes one bow better than another?

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
The feel.

·
Registered
10,993 Posts
thomcat said:
Seems like the bows are more and more like all the others I have seen out there.

Not looking for a new bow, but just and observation. So, what makes one bow better than another?
It is really completely subjective. You'll probably get 50,000 responses based on specs (i.e. brace height, speed, letoff, etc.) but it really boils down to personal preference. These days just about all manufacturers in the business are making decent bows using very similar techniques. It would be hard define truly what makes one better then another.

·
Registered
438 Posts
How well one person shoots it versus another.

·
Ad Meliora
17,205 Posts
Seemingly "small" differences in grip style, draw cycle, mass weight, bow balance, noise, shock, finish, length, etc and be "big" differences for archers.

What makes one better? How it fits...not the name on the limbs!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
thomcat said:
what makes one bow better than another?
The fit,feel and the way each individual shoots it.Its all personal preference.But alot of guys are hung up on brands.If I find one that feels better than the one I have now,I'll ditch it and buy the new one regardless of the brand.....

Brandon

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
3L_Archer said:
What makes one girl sexier than the other? :darkbeer:

3L
THE FEEL...and someone telling ya.:wink:

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
It's a never ending debate. A bow is what the shooter makes it + some good looks of course.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
The bow is only as good as the one shooting it. A poor archer can make a good bow look bad and visa versa.

The best bow is the one that you can shoot accurately and consistantly with as little noise as possible.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
Efficiency, forgiveness, tunability, weight, balance, vibration, noise, and durability vary greatly among bow designs. There are a lot of trade offs, particularly in efficiency and forgiveness. Some bows average better overall scores in these areas.

Of course, if it has Nitrous-X cams it is better than anything else!:wink:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
1. How it feels to you
2. How it shoots for you
3. Customer service

1 - 20 of 26 Posts