Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to use ACME MAPPER because of the TERRAIN feature, and have found it really helpful. Basically 3d TOPO if you've never used it. But they've upgraded the version to 3.0, and now it SUCKS. Just curious what other ones out there have a terrain feature. I know google, and bing do not.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Check out ONXmaps
Basically this APP does everything a garmin GPS unit does. It also shows what is public and private land. But the thing I like most about this APP is that it also acts as a plot map. It shows you the property line and where you are standing in relation to it. So you never inadvertently cross over. It also tells you the size of a property(acreage) and gives you the land owners name. It's without a doubt the best hunting app I've ever seen. It's a little pricey at 29.99 per year but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Check out ONXmaps
Basically this APP does everything a garmin GPS unit does. It also shows what is public and private land. But the thing I like most about this APP is that it also acts as a plot map. It shows you the property line and where you are standing in relation to it. So you never inadvertently cross over. It also tells you the size of a property(acreage) and gives you the land owners name. It's without a doubt the best hunting app I've ever seen. It's a little pricey at 29.99 per year but it's well worth it.
Just bought a new Garmin Montana. Can someting like this be bought for it. Probably more than 29.99

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I use the recon hunt app on the iPad and iPhone. It shows public lands and private land boundaries.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Google maps here, but that is when I actually get cell signal.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an FYI, and I apologize if I fooled some of ya...I'm talking about on the computer...not phone. WHere I hunt has zero cell service anyway, so it wouldn't help.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You bet, I thought thAts what you were talking about.
Yeah, with the site you suggested the "MAP" selection is exactly what I was talking about. Great tool for seeing elevation changes, and terrain features without having to look at an actual TOPO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts