Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a press on the way and am going to start doing my own work, so I have been brushing up on serving methods. I know center serving, overhand knots for serving just about anything. This is a pic of my old string which a tech at the shop served my peep and drop away cord this way. Can anyone tell me what method this is and how to do it? Maybe a video? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363744531.324856.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363744550.324986.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363744577.573315.jpg

·
Registered
4,146 Posts

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
That the looks like chit method lol...seriously I don't know but it looks like crap. The only method I like for serving is the correct way, it looks much cleaner and grips hard.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
search youtube or google for serving in a peep. or center serving ect... really the only clean and reliable method.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I've been trying your method, my only hitch is ending it, I can't quite figure out what u did
Basically once it's done, I cinch everything down, cut down to about 1/4", and then burn the tag ends. The small burnt balls keep it from backing out.

·
Banned
486 Posts
What you are showing , is simply , girl scout knot , on girl scout knot ...
A simple well proven , overhand , / square knot , will twist around the spine and original cording .
Even a simple over hand , overhand , overhand, will produce a very tight finish , with a great pattern ( Inverse Lighthouse ) down the cord !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts