Votes: 25 13.0%
  • January

Votes: 3 1.6%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With late season beginning for some and right around the corner for others maybe some late season statistics will help build morale: which month did you harvest your best buck in?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
November same as just about every year, although I did let a beast get by me on Oct 17th.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
80% of my best bow bucks including my biggest came during the chasing stage of the rut which is usually between Oct 5th and 10th here give or take. Best gun buck came on 4th day of season, the big ones usually make it a few days.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Last week of OCT. every year like clockwork.It is our chasing phase and always see more and bigger deer during this week.I live for those 7 days.Don't hunt much at all during NOV. because of public land gun hunters to many people in the woods.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
December late season NY muzzleloader. Cold, snow and tons of deer.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Second week in dec. 10 point chasing 3 does thru the foodplot.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Best was December, second best January. But both were taken with a shotgun.

David
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
my two biggest bucks were taken on the same day. Oct 18th

·
Banned
191 Posts
October the 1st. Opening day of archery. No success on the morning hunt, got the big boy about 5 minutes before dark. Seen an equal buck right underneath my stand on opening day of gun season, November 15th, chasing a doe.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
November but a very close December around Xmas

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
My 2 biggest bucks were taken in the 1st half of September. A 153 and change and a 148 and change. I shot one the bigger one on a waterhole on about a 95 degree day, that I wasn't even going to hunt on, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Out of 5 archery bucks on my wall, 4 were shot in September.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts