Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm trying to figure what magnification lense to install for my wife's bow. She has a Spot Hogg--Hogg It sight (size small) with five pins. Her longest shots will be 30 yrds +or- 3 yrds. There are no long stabilzers on it, just a short stab. More or less a bowhunter set-up.
The class she is shooting in this year has decided to combine the Open Womens Shooters and the Lady Bowhunter class, so she is, at somewhat, a disadvantage.
What magnification would you recommend and why??
Do they(lenses) just bolt on or am I going to have to buy the shade adapter too??
Also, a good place to find them cheaper(maybe used)??
Thanks,
JB

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I would not put any magnification on that sight set up. She has five pins and all she is going to see is movement mixed with pins. I wouldn't do it!

Get her a single pin if you want to use a scope but on 3d targets id probably wouldn't use any magnification because if your using magnification with a scope you wont see the detail on a 3d target unless your using a clarifier. Then your just opening up problems with lighting and left right misses.

Kiss! Single pin, no magnification with a simple small green fiber is easy to use at those distances.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
There are a LOT of folks shooting 35 yard classes without using a lens. I do not have great eyes and I shot ASA bowhunter (40 yard max) without a lens as do a lot of guys. A lens does not "help" scores much at all at shorter distances for MANY archers. i
If you do decide to try a lens I would start with no higher than a 3X.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts