Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
12 ring's and P&Y's
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what power of scope you folks prefered for Indoor shooting and choice of redicle type? I use 4X Super Scope (1 5/8) and an etched dot.How about you?

Robert

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I like the smaller diameter scopes for indoor as there isn't too
much information there.I just put a Vegas Top Gun on my bow
and put an 8x lens in it along with a #3 clarifier.Now,mind you I've been shooting with a 6x for a long time so the change wasn't so bad,but I like the 8x because it will really let you know if you
are drifting away from your form,and I've gotta say that my shot has improved.It doesn't tolerate my being lazy at times and forces me to concentrate.If nothing else it's going to be a great
training lens.I'll have to see how I do with it in competition.If nerves allow me,I think I'd rather have the 8x.
I was using a golden key,6x.This is a 1" diameter scope.Great
scope for a fraction of the cost of the bigger brands,and of coarse backed by a great company.
Jerry

·
Registered
290 Posts
I use a Bull's eye "Truespot Lens" 8x w/ 1/4" center grind. LOVE IT. All I see on a 5 spot is the X. I'm currently avg about 58x with it.

·
12 ring's and P&Y's
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTT

100+ views and only 2 replys? I guess I should have asked for Jimmy Hoffa's where abouts! Don't be shy,sound off.We won't laugh.:D

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Why such high 6x or 8 x scopes ? I have just a 2x and was going to shoot indoors with it. Can you shoot a low 2x or 3x and still be doing well indoors or do you need the higher xx so you only see the super spot...my thanks

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Low Power

Ask Chance about using low power.

I myself am using a FV 6X no clarifier.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I am using a Feathervisions 2X Exeplar lens with a small/medium black dot in it. With just 2X, I don't see much movement and I can relax into the shot easier and faster.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Scopes, Etc.

I have found that I do better with no greater than 4X. A friend of mine got me to take my dot off and try a big circle on the lens and I really like that. Seems to really calm things down. I personally prefer the small diameter scopes so that I can fit the circle of the scope body in my peep. The Arc Systeme scope is ideal for this and is extremely high quality and the price is right from Alt. Sporting Services.
Jbird

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
The 8x is just experimental for me,by no means am I suggesting it is what everyone should be using.It is showing me a difference in my shot .Nothing wrong with 2x,I have 2 of them,and still use them occasionaly.
Jerry

·
Registered
166 Posts
What I have learned. A lower power scope, such as a 2 to 4X is probably the best for someone to start with. However once one has mastered back tension ( really mean back tension) a stronger power lense is the best. It will allow you to totally concentrate on the spot while your shot executes itself.

I started shooting the bull's eye tru spot 8x with .250 grind and as someone stated earlier in this thread, all I see is the five ring and I can fully concentrate on the Xring.

My 2 cents worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts