Archery Talk Forum banner

what power?

639 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  drtnshtr
what power scope do all yall use for 3-d
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,035 Posts
those sure loc scopes are expensive alsmost as much as the sight itself. Someone at a local shop told me today i should go with a 6x for 3D dont that seem a little high he said you would see a little more movement out of the 6 rather than a 4x. any opinions on this

· Registered
1,137 Posts
I use a 4X but if I could I would use the 6X. My eyes are bad and the 4X gives me the best vision. I tried to play with the 6X and mess with the clarifiers but I couldn't get the right focus so I went back to the 4X. If you can see well with it and if you are steady at full draw I would use the 6X. Just my 2 cents .:) I really love to shoot pins though. I have more fun doing it. I wear glasses and shoot right handed but am left eye dominant. I close my left eye when I shoot. I had a special pair of glasses made for me that only has 50 percent of the power lens in the right side of them. Sort of acts like a clarifier. I can see my pins and still see the target. Works for this old goat anyway. :laugh:

· Registered
5,033 Posts
4 power with superscope clairifier- this helped in solving my glasses fogging up all the time in this humid state.

74,554 Posts
No lens for me

2X or 3x would be the most I would ever use.

3X indoors

· Registered
5,230 Posts
I used a 4 power forever with a clarifier. well i got tired of the clarifier and decided to try a 3 power lens instead without the clarifier. this seems to be a good combination for me.... If I were you I wouldnt spend $200-300 on a scope alone.. In my opinion its just not worth it when you can get a really nice scope used on here for less than $150. I think Extreme scopes are very nice also and the last time I checked you could get one for around $100 with a lens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.