Archery Talk Forum banner

What quivers DO NOT have foam in the hood?

1124 Views 13 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  JNG
In the market for a new quiver to attach to a Game Plan Spot N Stalk pack. Needs to be one piece and I DO NOT want to stick my sharp broadheads into foam. Which quivers out there do not use foam in the hood?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
Bohning Quikie

· Registered
388 Posts
Octane & Fuse Ventera

I have both and really like both of them.

Octane is a little heavy but the magnetic hood is great.

· Registered
25,353 Posts
octane, truglo 360, kewike, bohning,new fuse ones i believe,

· Registered
8,488 Posts
Fuse Ventera line. I have a Shorty 3 arrow for sale NIB on the classifieds. It is all black.

· Registered
303 Posts
foam does not desharpen the braodhead enough to worry about with today's bows, almost all bows ibo well over 300 fps. so the kinetic energy and a dull broadhead will still penetrate, look at the atom broadhead, the idea behind it is just like a really badpaper cut, yet you can hold the blades and not get cut. just make the first incision in the foam and the cuts are there to stay. i do own an octane on my guardian, but i havethe foam in it, it is precut so i dont have to worry, even though i am not, i have used foam for years and every brodhead that was shot from my bow, out of the foam quiver, has completely past through, even on elk. so dont worry about that little bit of foam, just worry about the rib bones that have to break on impact, or that thick shoulder bone, that will dull your broadhead a hell of a lot more than the foam. good luck

· Registered
3,547 Posts
Octane..You get both options with them,,
Pricey but they are the best quivers ive ever owned hands down!!
The magnets are just awesome..

· Registered
902 Posts
I recently went through the same thing you are going through. Trying to find a decent quiver that won't dull your heads. I have a Vortexx (no foam) on one of my bows and it's ok but not great. After an exhaustive search I bought an Alpine SoftLoc. The foam is in two layers. The larger chunk comes out very easily. I think that this may be the best quiver I've tinkered with yet. It's quiet and holds my ICS Hunters well. Try one, I think you will like it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.