Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had problems with string torque. As much so at to make the string jump off my new short ata bow. My Father-in-Law got a trufire judge and loves it. The pro shop said to use one with a rope on it. I just dont like the idea of the jaws floppin around on the end of a rope. What do you guys think about the judge.

·
Banned
910 Posts
its a decent release. if you are looking for a release under $60 i would go with a truball short and sweet SS buckle. If you have $80-$90 to drop a carter 2 shot is probably the best wrist style available. try the tradrers forum, guys in here are always sellin or swappin out releases.

·
Shooter of many brands.
6,613 Posts
Moose mustard said:
its a decent release. if you are looking for a release under $60 i would go with a truball short and sweet SS buckle. If you have $80-$90 to drop a carter 2 shot is probably the best wrist style available. try the tradrers forum, guys in here are always sellin or swappin out releases.
I agree with the short and sweet, I have 1 with the velcro strap. Great release.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Jim Fletcher

I've been using a Fletch Hunter Shorty for 5 years now. I love it - so much so that I bought another one just for backup. Very easy on the string and even better from a D-loop.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
If you don't like the cable, or rope try a TrueBall Stinger. You can adjust it down to as short as you like, and the release head is on a swivel so you shouldn't have torque problems.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I've had a Judge for about 16 months now and it has been a great release. No problems and it is by far the most adjustable I've ever tried. Try your F-I-L's release and see if you like it or not.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
What 2005Ultramag said, and also you can put the bolt and head back behind your hand so you can use both hands to do stuff more better.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Replaced my Tru Ball Tornado with a Carter Quickie. What an awesome release.
+1. Love the Quickie!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got the judge a couple of weeks ago and I love it. The adjustable trigger pressure is great. I'm new to shooting, so I was "punching" with my old release. I have the judge adjusted to max trigger pressure and it's forcing me to slow down on the release. It has worked wonders for me!!

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
Dave2 said:
What 2005Ultramag said, and also you can put the bolt and head back behind your hand so you can use both hands to do stuff more better.
Forgot to mention that. I flip it back and tuck it in my sleeve when I want it out of the way. Very easy, and it's right there when I'm ready to use it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts