Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind and how many releases you all carry when shooting. I have always shot a Scott Mini-Goose but recently got a Carter Target 4 and have been practicing with a Bernie's Missing Link. I see a lot of people with the release bags but just wonder if changing releases makes a difference in shooting other than fighting against anticipating the release or if you try to shoot similar sized releases or all releases with thumb trigger vs no trigger.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Used to...

I had 23 different releases before I tried (and stuck with) the one I use now...it's an Accutec The Ultimate...really big and ugly, but super smooth and consistent...www.accutec-archery.com probably the most expensive mechanical release on the market, but well worth every penny...it always amazes me that we'll spend 1200 bucks on a bow, 400 for a sight 100 for a string, etc, and neglect the most important part of the equation...the release. anyway, it has made me a "one release kind of guy" and I only need one to shoot. :D

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Ultra Sweet Spot 4, and a Ultra Extreme. I practice with both, use both during practice about the same amount. When shooting competition I shoot the Ultra Extreme. I hope to make the jump this winter to a BT release only though. When I am doing my part, I am much more accurate with the Sweet Spot, however the consistency isn't there with it yet.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Stan Original 4 finger swept, Carter Target Master 2, Carter Insatiable 2, and a Carter Hunter

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Untill recently I carried 2 Carter Atension (3 finger) hinge releases in my pouch for almost 3 years. But recently picked up 2 Insatiable 3's and so far I'm enjoying shooting a trigger, so for now it's an Insatiable 3 and an Atension we'll see what stays in for next year's 3-D season :p

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Have a few...

I only use 2 of them tho.

In use:
Scott Longhorn 3
Carter 2 little

Away for a while:
2 Carter HoleThing 3's
2 Old style Stan 4 finger's
Winn FreeFlyte-Hunting
Stacy 2 Play

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Scott release's

I use Scott Mongoose release's, I was trying to use a Carter Target 4 with my ULtratec, but it just isn't working out, I cann't get good groupings with the release, I switched to the mongoose, and today scored a 271 with 16X's I've never shot that good with that bow using the target 4. Just could not get use to it :sad: but my scott release's are what I hunt with, and now target shoot with. :shade:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Solution 3

I have 2 of them....1 Black, 1 Gold. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
TRU Ball Chappy Boss, The release I have is one of the 1st ones ever made, it's not even anodized. I got it in 96 or 97 and I bet it has 100,000 + shots on it.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I'm not one to have many releases because they're expensive, and I think that constantly switching is a bad thing.

Over the past 5 years, I have had:

1) Carter Target 3 - still have
2) Stan Maxim - still have
3) Cascade relax to release - gone
4) Scott Little Bitty Goose - gone
5) Carter Solution 3 - my best release to date

on loan:

6) A German shooting fantasy (Feinwerkbau Viper 1 Relase) with a trigger that's adjustable in at least 6 different ways with a 1 or 2 stages with a full range of weight adjustments between 20 and 300 grammes, and that's before after-market trigger shoes! :cool:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=215635 post #15 if you're interested in what it looks like. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts