Archery Talk Forum banner

What releases do you prefer for shooting 3D?

1617 Views 23 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  LONGSHOT ARTIST
I have noticed a lot of guys like shooting a thumb release for 3D but i have always shot a caliper. I just wanted to get you guys opinions on what worked the best for you and why.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4,525 Posts
limey...is the evolution the back tension with thumb sfety?

· Registered
6,320 Posts
TruBall BT Gold Brass 3/4 finger.
I have had a 3 for years now and just got a good deal on the 4. I love it too. As long as they are the standards. I can not!!! stand the ones that are swept back.:rolleyes:

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from the looks of it no one uses a caliper release anymore do they?
I have a fletcher shorty that i love but seems i may be behind the times eh.

· Registered
115 Posts
release types

yep , i shoot a single caliper scott and i love it . i shoot it like a back tension . i get my anchor and push/pull threw the shot . i set my intial preload with mi finger at the trigger and the keep adding more load till the shot fires. kind of like a back tension in away

· Registered
1,388 Posts
i like my st360 it works great i cant get a BT release to work for me

· Registered
170 Posts
TruBall St 360

I love this release. I shoot it with abck tension and had some problems at firts but just kept working in it.
If you look at the pro's shooting quite a few use a Short & Sweet and shoot it BT. Tim Gillingham told me he uses a trigger because it gives him more control when the conditions are windy or rainy, So you can use a caliper and do well shooting with it. I think Michael Braden does the same as Tim when shooting 3D.

· Registered
463 Posts
Carter Evolution is my 3D release in fact it the only one I use:darkbeer:
I have decided to commit this year to the evolution release. I have shot the clickers (tru ball and scott) for 4 years, but I figured out how to "speed up the shot". I really think this evolution is going to be the ticket; atleast I've done well with it so far at this year's shoots.

· Registered
936 Posts
I switched to a TRU Ball Chappy Boss last year from a wrist strap release. Helped me dramatically - I always wanted to punch the trigger on the wrist strap. I try to shoot the Chappy back tension, keeps me honest that way. Liked it so much I hunted this past seaon with the Chappy.

· Registered
1,010 Posts
I shto a caliper for years then out of nowhere developed target panic on 3-D targets. Switched to a Carter Colby BT release then a Carter Fits Me. Have been shooting the Fits Me ever since. Tried going back to a caliper for hunting, and just can't stay away from my thumb trigger. That is all I shoot for 3-D and hunting, and it has increased my shot accuracy on both!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.