Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of switching my bow over for shooting fingers.
I thought that you needed to have a rest that provides side tension.
Is this correct?

If so, what rests are good for fingers shooting?
The only one I can think of is some type of bodoodle.

Thanks

·
Urban Archer
744 Posts
Do a search

there have been a number of people who asked this... some off the cuff are GKF Star hunter (or super star), NAP Quicktune 750, Drop zone freestyle, Bow Doodle Timber Doodle, and a number of Cavailier Rests

·
superdiablo
567 Posts
Spigarelli can be add to the list by cgsabo ... I had to personally work on it to fit perfectly on my Browning Oasis ´05 though. Coming from the recurve olimpic world, I am so biased that I cannot shoot fingers without a cushion plunger on board :smile: .
Good luck,
Javier Martínez

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Nap Centrest or the Plungerest is better if you manage to find them

Golden Key make a springy with a built in button that is good.

Bodoodle are popular but can be fiddly to set up so the vanes clear the plates.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I shoot the Cavalier Freeflyte with stiff side arm. Most of the Finger shooters that I know shoot it with a plunger. I tried the Timberdoodle and couldn't get it to work.

Good luck shooting Fingers
Robert

·
Registered
455 Posts
My favorites were the timberdoodle and the superstar.

·
Archery Coach
23,358 Posts
favorite was the only plungerest by NAP-discontinued. it was so good Earl used to include it with the Sky Conquest-maybe the best olympic bow ever made

the GK superstar was great. Long time bow tuning guru-the late Great Larrell Dick liked the cheap gold key that featured a launcher with a plunger. He set my Pro Star Hoyt up that way with fingers and I shot a bunch of 300 scores with it. Cheap and reliable

the freeflyte elite with a long beiter plunger would be the ultimate in click tuning

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've been shooting fingers off and on for years and the NAP Center-rest flipper is hard to beat for hunting when used with a side mounted arrow holder. I get dartlike arrow flight with feathers and Muzzys. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I have tried the Cavalier FreeFlyte with sidearm and magnetic flipper arm and it works really well. I also have a NAP 750 that I have used for hunting. I am now using the Bodoodle Pro Lite and Pro 500 for hunting and 3D, I get outstanding consistency out of these rests. Sometimes you just have to try a couple to see what you like.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Cavalier Free Flyte and lock plunger.

Since all the adjusts are made using the plunger, I see no reason for the micro adjust Free Flyte.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
NAP has a new containment rest called a Quiktune 360, should work for you.

My brother shoots fingers with a cheep prong rest with a button on the riser, and he thinks it's the best thing since they stared slicing bread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.