Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shot the 16 addiction vs the k34? Looks like specs are close. Are they different purpose bows?

Lucky

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
K34 has no roller cable guide, K34 is faster, K34 is $50 cheaper. I chose the K34 for the extra performance but won't save $50 because I ordered mine in Predator Fall Grey which is a $50 up charge. Mine is also left handed so who knows when I will see it. I actually ordered the Addiction first but was talked out of it buy a couple guys that have shot both.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did the guys say to change your mind from addiction to k34, am looking at both bows with one being my first obsession. 29 1/4 dl , 50# dw. What would be your choice,

Mainly backyard shooting with friends, deer huntin

Lucky

·
Registered
196 Posts
i've owned 3 Addictions and I don't know what more you could want of a Bow. The 2 Bows are very similar except for the grip which is very different.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm glad I chose the addiction compared to the 34. I did shoot both before buying, although very few arrows through each and for the extra couple of fps difference the Addiction was my choice. For me there was a $20 difference between the 2 and I could get the color I wanted without having to pay for the additional $$$ for the color I wanted. I just posted my speeds yesterday with my addiction so this could help you make up your mind.

·
Dirty North Archery
2,187 Posts
For me, the Addiction wins every time. Yes, the K34 is faster, but that is it.

The draw cycle on the K bows stacks very early and is super stiff. It reminds me of the old Strother Hybrids. The OBB is much smoother on the draw start to finish.

Also, you have the rear stab mount in the riser and the OBB just looks more "finished" with the medallion in the riser.

Grips are subjective, and I like both.

The Addiction draws so much easier, that it wins only being a few fps slower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts