Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunt on about 50 acres private land where there is 6 stands placed throughout the property, all very productive stands. The placement allows me to hunt the wind in any situation. My issue is that this is my first year bowhunting and no one else on this property bow hunts so the stands are all gun friendly and not bow friendly, (i.e they all have a wrapped around gun rail with a realatively small standing platform). I went up in one yesterday and while sitting down I can only shoot off to the left without my bow hitting the rail or standing up to shoot in another direction. If I stand up won't I get "busted"?

I don't have the money to buy a climber or a bow friendly stand this year, but I do have a ground blind that I use for turkey hunting. If I use the ground blind I would have to move it almost every day to hunt the wind. So, what should I do?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Check to see if any of the rails can be taken off. I have a climber that I bought for gun hunting when I first started that I'm going to use for my first year of bowhunting. I was worried about the same thing until I thought to take the foam stuff off of the rail and just pulled the cotter pins to remove it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Gedt some of the leafy material and drape from the shooting rail. It will cover a lot of movement.

It also gives the bonus of having better form for the shot, at least for me.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
You can stand up and be fine. It's just like when you go to draw on a deer you just have to do it at the right time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts