Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wonderin if yall had any ideas on what to name a science project that had to do with how speed is related to draw weight???

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
speed kills

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i thought about the speed kills one. :) i like it and so far thats prolly what ill call it. :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You cant teach speed!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
It is a no brainer the same arrow out of the same bow at a higher draw weight will shoot faster but I bet you would get that A++ if you took it to the next step and compared two different weighted arrows, one heavy, one light out of the same bow. You can do the speed correlations, the kinetic energy and momentum correlations from the two. You might find that "Speed does not Kill".

·
Lowered expectations
16,494 Posts
How about "Transfer of energy from potential to kinetic - the relationship between variances in the stored energy of an archery bow and the resultant arrow velocity produced" and make sure you toss in the term "elastic hysteresis" somewhere in the calculations.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
How about "Transfer of energy from potential to kinetic - the relationship between variances in the stored energy of an archery bow and the resultant arrow velocity produced" and make sure you toss in the term "elastic hysteresis" somewhere in the calculations.
What the? LMAO.

Hoyt CRX 35

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok any others???? my project really is to see how efficient my bow is, i tested from 67 lbs down to 60 lbs and then took the numbers from the 67 to 66 lb test and subtracted them and then took the numbers from the 61 and 60 lb test and subtracted them and compared the 2 numbers to see how much it dropped. i was supprised because it actually only dropped about 1 ft per second and that is close enough that if my scales was off or something........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts