Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i cant for the life of me rember the name of the sight

its relitivly long, because insead to the normal sight that has the horizanlal bar for the ajustment

the sight slides forward and back, for the horizantal adjustment?

know whta iam talking about?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Sounds like either an old-school Angel sight or an AGF sight.

There may be another company that makes the long extension and the elevation mechanism is located on the riser.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wicked

now part to

are the really as good as i have heard?

with the whole "better for keeping the weight more in to the bow, to make for smother more acurate shots?"

·
Registered
372 Posts
There are a few other models out there as well: Spigarelli, Arten....check Altservices website.

As far as better??? Less wind resistance, longer extension possible with less weight. But which ever one you choose, it has to be sturdy and resist loosening due to vibration.

I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid (the rock band isn't bad either)

The other popular styles of sight are the long-thead worm gear (SureLok, TrueBall, Copper John, Bernardini, Davis, etc) and the toothed-bar, worm gear on slide block (Shibuya, W&W (Flute), K, Cartel...all fashioned after the Accra). And there are more of both styles.

My preference for recurve is the toothed-bar style - I feel its simpler and a bit lighter than the other style. I have two bars, extenders in different lengths, and 3 slide blocks. Just personal preference.

Most important thing is that your sight doesn't move unless you adjust it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Balance is a bit different, but as far as advantages, I would suspect that it would be more personal preference rather than hard measurable data.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Balance is a bit different, but as far as advantages, I would suspect that it would be more personal preference rather than hard measurable data.
it'd help on wind with the elevation tucked by the riser instead of being out there, pushing sideways with extra leverage

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have an Angel sight from about 2001 - actually the compound model it, though I use it on an Olympic recurve (Alt Services recommended this model). The design it now similar to the current recurve model with a worm gear elevation rather than the rack like a Shibuya.
The sight has been reintroduced and slightly modified: the new one has a better side mount with the tightener screw coming in at an angle (mine come from the side and rattles loose sometimes) and a few other minor changes.
The other problem I had was with the third axis mechanism which dropped a screw on my last practice end at the indoor Nationals, but has been fine since with some loc-tite.
The only annoyance is that you have to lock down the elevation with a screw, which I think is true of the new model, too.
Otherwise, I like it a lot.
I had two other sights of this general design: the Arten doesn't maintain its windage which creeps with vibration. I also had an old Yamaha, but it didn't have click adjusters (the same is true of the Arten unless they've modified it since then it's an old design.) I've heard good things about the Spigarelli 30, but it was backordered for months, so I got the Angel.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Angel has rereleased this model and I just might get one. Judging from the pictures, it seems to be of rather high quality and the price is pretty attractive, being around that of the Shibuya Dual Click standard and Sure Loc Contender X.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts