Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a new Arena 30 and was thinking of getting a new whiskey biscuit for it?
I only shoot FMJ 340spine so do you think i should go with the medium size or the small?

And does it effect a lot if you chose the wrong size. (a to large size) small is obvious. =)

Thanx..
M

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Small would be fine with FMJ. Just make sure to keep a spare biscuit on hand to replace when bristles get weak. I've seen the 340's start falling through the bristles on worn out rests.

·
Banned
1,299 Posts
you should look at getting a drop away ,your arrows will be faster and more accurate and the bow a whole lot easier to tune

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,859 Posts
I have been shooting a WB for years and FMJs the past 4 years. Always have shot the medium size and never has a WB been hard to tune,less acurrate and not once has an arrow fell through the bristles. Speed may cost you 2-3 fps and youll never notice that on any bow built. The WB is the most fool proof rest on the market as it has no mechanical parts to fail and stand up to alot of abuse. I have shot QUAD, RIP cord, limbdrivers, and a few others. I always go back to the WB because it is simple and it works. It is my personnal prefference above all othe rest out there. To each his own but I would recommend the WB to anyone.

·
Banned
1,299 Posts
you just cant tell if its tuned or not its like shooting through a funnel. they hold water and are prone to freezing when wet. I can think of a whole lot of reasons not to use them

·
Registered
873 Posts
Medium.....I use the medium for VAPs too....too tight is a problem but extra space doesn't seem to affect anything. You can't beat the simplicity or dependability of a Whisker Biscuit for hunting....a lot of folks hate them but I can't say I've ever seen one fail or that I've ever missed a target because of them. I also have drop away rests but I can't honestly say I've noticed much difference in accuracy or speed although I have found myself fiddling with them a lot more compared to the put it on and forget about it biscuit

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Using a medium here..........
Nothing wrong with a whisker bisquit. I too have shot all the major dropaway rests on the market and always go back to the bisquit.
No problems here with freezing or trouble with the bristles.
Personal preference, but opinions are like @zzholes....everyone has one, LOL

·
silent but deadly
1,195 Posts
Do whiskey and biscuits go together? I'm from the South, and this is new to me.

There's biscuits and gravy
Sausage biscuits
Buttermilk biscuits
Steak biscuits
Cheddar biscuits

I can go on with this for a while :)

Joking aside, I use a medium Whisker Biscuit for carbon arrows. You want the arrow to sit a little loose in the bristles.

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
I have had a few Whisker Biscuits and have had on the draw my arrow sink into the Biscuit had to let down and push my arrow up not for me. My new rest is a Rip Cord ACE best rest out of many I have tried my favorite.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I say that one should use a SMALL glass when drinking whiskey. If I use a medium or large I'm flat as a biscuit after 4 or 5 rounds.

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
you just cant tell if its tuned or not its like shooting through a funnel. they hold water and are prone to freezing when wet. I can think of a whole lot of reasons not to use them
ALL rest get water on them and can freeze in ...I don't know...maybe FREEZING TEMPS!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha.. I think i will go with the medium size whisker biscuit and have a LARGE whiskey after the shooting.. =)
Thank you all// M

·
Registered
52,016 Posts
Medium. Arrows do not "sink" in a WB -----unless it is wore completely out or you force it into them somehow. It is always better to have a bigger hole in it rather than one that is too small. Besides if you decide to ever change arrows to a bigger shaft your good to go.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
^^ This ^^
As Dale said, they do not sink unless they're worn out plus they have stronger fibers in the center under the arrow. They don't freeze any different than other rests. If it's raining and it's so cold the rain is turning to ice when it hits, I don't know why someone would be hunting anyway. I sure wouldn't be. But then there are the addicted diehards.....

Whisker biscuits can make noise, when I shot one that happened but it was arrow dependent and easily fixed with a little silicone. Per Trophy Ridge's FAQ: http://www.trophyridge.com/tips-tricks?tip=7. Also check out tip 2 for sizing.

Not a bad rest at all for hunting especially spot and stalk. Personally I prefer limb driven dropaways but each person has their own preferences.

·
8,292 Posts
do whiskey and biscuits go together? I'm from the south, and this is new to me.

There's biscuits and gravy
sausage biscuits
buttermilk biscuits
steak biscuits
cheddar biscuits

i can go on with this for a while :)

joking aside, i use a medium whisker biscuit for carbon arrows. You want the arrow to sit a little loose in the bristles.
lol

·
8,292 Posts
I can absolutely tell of my biscuit is tuned, im shooting bullets with bareshafts at point blank to about 15'. broadheads hit with FP's out to 60+yds

you should look at getting a drop away ,your arrows will be faster and more accurate and the bow a whole lot easier to tune
2-3FPS. will not make an inkling of difference. if you have good form you should have the same accuracy. i do. i find a biscuit just as easy to tune if not easier than any other rest.

·
8,292 Posts
I have had a few Whisker Biscuits and have had on the draw my arrow sink into the Biscuit had to let down and push my arrow up not for me. My new rest is a Rip Cord ACE best rest out of many I have tried my favorite.
you had way too much downward pressure on your arrow and it was not set up correctly. i've never had this problem.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts