Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the market for a new sight and am really leaning toward the Axcel Accutouch pro and typically run a 3/16" peep. Was wondering if i still will be okay with this? Im going to be order some new peeps with the sight so let me know what you are shooting or reccomend

Thanks!

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
There are too many variables to know this for sure. Draw length and distance from peep to eye are two of the biggest factors.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are too many variables to know this for sure. Draw length and distance from peep to eye are two of the biggest factors.
Mathews HTR 28" DL, 70# bow.

I dont know how many other factors are envolved..What peep size best lines up with the 41mm Housing. ??

Thanks,

·
Southpaw
703 Posts
What works for one person won't necessarily work for another. The distance of the peep from your eye changes based on your anchor point and string angle. The closer the peep is, the smaller it would be. Make an ok sign with your hand and move it back and forth, you'll see how much the field of view changes as the circle gets closer to your eye. I would probably go with a Specialty peep with appetures and figure out what works for you. Otherwise it's just trial and error.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
It also depends how far out you have the sight extended from the bow. Nobody can tell you what size peep you need, it would only be a guess at best.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Me too. 3/16

1 - 11 of 11 Posts