Archery Talk Forum banner

What size peep????

469 15
What size of peep would you recomend for the large spot hogg site ring?? I'm thinking 1/4", let me know if I'm right
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10,965 Posts
I also use 1/4" and really like it. I tried the 3/16" but wasnt comfortable with it

· Registered
435 Posts
1/4" is all I use, try it out and see if thats what you like.

· Registered
533 Posts
I use a speciality archery super ball peep housing with no insert, for the lge SH ring. dont know what size hole it is but it gives a perfect halo around the pin guard and lets in a tonne of light in low light situations. this has worked on ATA's of 31-37"

· Premium Member
10,938 Posts
You have to try them for yourself. How far the peep is from your eye, draw length, how far the sight is from the peep all make a difference.

· Registered
245 Posts
i use e 3/16 i see nothing but pins and target

· Classifieds Administrator
39,607 Posts
I use 3/16" with my set-ups.

· Registered
403 Posts
This guy says it right, it depends on your setup. Some people shoot by centering the distance pin in the center of the peep ( they say it is eariers to make wuick shots on whitetails.) others want the peep to match the site ring first and then they select the pin to target. (two actions take longer than one?) What ever give you reliable repeatable shots do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.