Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Mathews Creed and i need to equip it with accessories. I'm unsure what size (length) stablizer to buy for it. i'm looking to buy a K-Tech Stablizer. I went to my local Mathews retailer and the gentlemen who helped me said that it doesn't matter what size i got b/c the bow is already so well balanced. Is there any truth to this?

So i'm looking to buy a 3" ktech stablizer just to limit the ttl weight of the bow. What would be your suggestions?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm in a similar boat as I just bought a Matthews ZXT and I'm looking for a stabilizer. I'm surprised nobody has responded to your question but if they did there would be a common set of questions:

What are you wanting the stabilizer to do - Sound dampening or increase hold on target?

What do you do with the bow?

And then they will mostly say that the length and weight needed is a subjective thing so get a stab that will allow you to add or remove weight if necessary.

·
Registered
861 Posts
a 3" stab isn't gonna do much for you at all. If its for hunting, I'd go with at least a 6" model. I like a little weight out front. Try out a b stinger or doinker dish.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Take a look at hi-tek archery. The new eclipse stabilizer is awesome. I love mine. It comes in several different sizes. I went with the 8 inch on my Chill R.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
i had the Ktech5 and 7 on my LE Creed and loved them both, the Ktech5 worked better for hunting up in the trees, then i discovered a Tactacam stab and now that's all i'll ever have on my bow...best of both worlds - you get to have video and a stabilizer at the same time...so sweet and the video quality in unreal, blows a go pro out of the water...congrats on your new Creed, best bow i've ever owned, so smooth, whisper quiet, and dead in the hand...good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
435 Posts
Try a few out at the shop. Choose the one that works best for you. I'm a fan of bee stringer myself.

·
Ad Meliora
16,814 Posts
Some stabilizers are pretty; some are effective. If you ever try a stabilizer designed to stabilize, you won't go back to the ones that are just pretty to look at.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Atleast 10.5". My bar is about 13".
Ive tested a lot of different bars. I have founs that a stab under 8 inches doesnt do much for balance. These short bars are just for looks and sound dampening. I think 12" is the perfect length for a hunting bar. Ive never had an issue with it in a blind or a tree stand. Just buy a good stiff bar 10.5 - 12 inches long and thank me later. I shoot carbofast rods now. Carbofast and b stinger both make a fine rod. My wife loves her 12" posten slim jim.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I voted for the ketch 7. I have one on my mr7 for hunting and like it a lot. I like the weight transfer in the stabilizer.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Some stabilizers are pretty; some are effective. If you ever try a stabilizer designed to stabilize, you won't go back to the ones that are just pretty to look at.
This is post of the year^^^^^. I've tried all the pretty ones. They don't hold a candle to the vibe dampening and the balance of a 10" B-Stinger. The Stoekerized was pretty nice as well but I thought the B-Stinger was a little better.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Here's my opinion of both a 3" stabilizer and K-Tech....

When I bought my HeliM, I put a 3" K-Tech. It looked cool and I thought it worked until I decided to experiment with a longer stabilizer. So I went with a K-Tech Multi-Rod 6." Much better balancing! Then, I got curious and wanted to see all the buzz around B-Stingers. So I bought a 10" B-Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme. WOW! I had been missing it all along. First off, short stabilizers such as a 3" don't do anything for balancing. You gotta get that weight out front to get the full effect. Secondly, K-Tech's are cool stabilizers... Very sweet looking and Kerry is a great guy that would do anything for a customer. However, I don't believe the K-Tech's work nearly as well as a B-Stinger or similar stabilizer. The B-Stinger took every bit of vibration and sound out of my bow that the K-Tech could not do. If you take all the weight off a B-Stinger, the bar weights next to nothing. With a K-Tech, the weight is all spread out through the whole stabilizer. With the B-Stinger, the weight is all on the end, making it generally more effective.

It all really comes down to what you are more comfortable with, so try what you want and see what you like. All I'm talking about is the basics of stabilizing your bow.

To sum it up: A longer stabilizer is generally better, and a B-Stinger will do alot more for getting the weight all on the end than a K-Tech, not to mention, the B-Stinger will run circles around the K-Tech in terms of vibration and sound dampening.

This is not a bash against K-Tech stabilizers, as I believe they make a fine product. I just don't think they are as good as a B-Stinger or similar, not to mention much more expensive!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

This is post of the year^^^^^. I've tried all the pretty ones. They don't hold a candle to the vibe dampening and the balance of a 10" B-Stinger. The Stoekerized was pretty nice as well but I thought the B-Stinger was a little better.
I didn't read this far down before I posted. My thoughts exactly!!

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
a stabilizer isn't to balance your bow, it's to get your pins to float as slow as possible. the only way to check that is to try different stabs with different weights on the end and it has to be done at full draw. side bars is where balance comes into play.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All great info! thanks a lot guys. now i'm really going to look into the b-stingers. so far i've heard so many good things about them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts