Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you determine what size to use? Small Medium or Large
Mathews ultra max bow and im just setting it up. I don't no what arrows i need to be using either. Im wanting to use carbons tho. Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Depends on your arrows... Slim arrows like easton axis st's you would use the small, Carbon force radial x-weave pro's you would use a medium and easton fmj's would probably be large... You don't want it to be tight on the arrow, but you don't want a big gap either.

·
Registered
50,380 Posts
Medium for carbons but if you don't know what arrow you will wind up with you can even go to the large and use any arrow you want.:wink:

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Depends on your arrows... Slim arrows like easton axis st's you would use the small, Carbon force radial x-weave pro's you would use a medium and easton fmj's would probably be large... You don't want it to be tight on the arrow, but you don't want a big gap either.
+1 what he said. YOu see a slight "cresant moon" shape of space above the arrow.

·
Registered
50,380 Posts
Actually bigger does not effect arrow flight like too small would. The support whiskers on all the openings are the same height. I would rather have a very large opening any day. But then again it is not my favorite rest.:wink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
agree. i have 2 different sizes on my 2 bows. st axis 340's and a small biscuit on my destroyer and GT 7595 with a medium on my 82nd. i tried shooting some 340's with the 82nd and groups were terrible. size the biscuit with the arrow.

·
<---- That's 57Loader
2,295 Posts
I like large with carbon arrows. I bought the medium the firsts time I got a biscuit and changed it out the next day with a large. I'm shooting GT UL 400's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts