Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what size screw goes in a Fuse site to mount a quiver? I bought the Fuse site an have a Kwikee quiver. The screws I had for the Kwikee do not fit and the Fuse site did not come with screws to fit their pre-tapped holes. I guess they want you to buy their quiver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope- not 10/24. That's what I was talking about that is the size that comes with the Kwikee quiver but will not fit in the fuse sight housing. It is between a 8/32 and 10/24....I'm guessing now it's metric.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check with the local Hardware Store and see if they have a problem with bringing the bow into the store to try some out. I used to work at one that saw more bows in the bolt/screw isle during hunting season than tools. Usually if you find some old timer that works there he can have you setup after about 3-4 minutes and you're ready to go. Also if you look in the specialty boxes that are normally above the general stuff they can even set you up with a couple that are already Black and most have metric there also.

Clem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dale_B1 you were right but the problem ended up being that when this particular site was tapped it was tapped from the side the bow mounts to and for some reason the threads were not cleaned out on the last two turns(which is the side you use to mount the quiver bracket). When I ran a 10-24 tap thru it it cut the first two threads and then all was good. The reason I thought the screw was other than a 10-24 was because it rounded the threads and messed up the first screw I tried to put in.

·
Registered
50,393 Posts
All quivers and sights are standard 10/24. Just like all rest and stabilizer holes are standard 5/16, these are industry standards. I've seen a lot of new bows that a tap has to be used to clean out the threads-----mostly it is due to paint in the threads.:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts