Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you had a chance to move to any state in the lower 48. What state would you live in? Taking into account activities (hunting....whatever else)... Climate... Land availablity..... Amount of public land.... realestate costs... cost of living... jobs.... etc.

Something I have been contemplating lately, wondering what others thought?

·
Registered
396 Posts
id have to stay here in NC.....have the mountains and the beach,cost of living is low,climate is hot and humid but tolerable,southern hospitality (can actually find grits and sweet tea at every resturant here!)great hunting from deer,turkey,bear,hogs and hopefuly soon elk!,grouse,and a few quail are left.fishing the nc coast is the best anywhere.i was born raised and will probally die here.

maxx

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I would have to stay were im at. I got a job I have hunting land, and i have everything i need here in MN why should i move.
matt

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
hoyt bowhunting said:
I would have to stay were im at. I got a job I have hunting land, and i have everything i need here in MN why should i move.
matt

I have all that.

But I dont have,

Mule Deer
Pronghorn
Bighorns
Elk
Grouse
Etc...

:wink:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Despite its limitations

Id Stay here in Mass. The central and west of the state are beautiful, and great for outdoor activities. The ocean is 1hr away, the mountains are close. It is a nice place. Taxes are high, real estate is ridiculous, moderate amount of public land... but I love this place so sticking here would be great.

I can always visit other places :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Illinois or Iowa!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I am honestly thinking of bradford county, PA.........super low land costs, low taxes, income potential about the same as any other rural areas I have lived in as well. There is some pretty good bucks there too..........

·
Registered
672 Posts
Will K said:
Id Stay here in Mass. The central and west of the state are beautiful, and great for outdoor activities. The ocean is 1hr away, the mountains are close. It is a nice place. Taxes are high, real estate is ridiculous, moderate amount of public land... but I love this place so sticking here would be great.

I can always visit other places :)
will u nuts??? lol....i'll sell ya my house! jk!

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Josh Michaelis said:
Northwest NE, or the Texas Panhandle.
Hey, if you move to the TX Panhandle and we'll be neighbors. :)

I've wondered where I'd want to move for bigger deer, but I don't think I'd ever want to leave Texas. There may not be a high number of world-class-sized Whitetails, but there's a variety of game that you can't find just anywhere. People travel from all over the USA to quail hunt in this area of Texas. Plus the dove hunting is great. We've got turkeys, hogs, and the occasional Mulie herd. If you don't mind Summer from March-October, Texas is the place to live. :wink:

God bless Texas. :darkbeer:

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
bigrackHack said:
Hey, if you move to the TX Panhandle and we'll be neighbors. :)

I've wondered where I'd want to move for bigger deer, but I don't think I'd ever want to leave Texas. There may not be a high number of world-class-sized Whitetails, but there's a variety of game that you can't find just anywhere. People travel from all over the USA to quail hunt in this area of Texas. Plus the dove hunting is great. We've got turkeys, hogs, and the occasional Mulie herd. If you don't mind Summer from March-October, Texas is the place to live. :wink:

God bless Texas. :darkbeer:
Yep, good bird hunting around Dalhart, gonna try and make it their this Jan.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Western Montana. Great hunting and flyfishing. Who could ask for anything more?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts